Unable To Start Theme's Visual Editor. It Starts On-Site Text Editing Instead! (V4.2)

I am in 4.2

It was working OK, but since last night when I try to start the theme’s Visual Editor, the on-site text funcionality is activated instead, so a new window with the storefront emerges and you can edit the text, like if you activates it in the languages section… But nothing to do with the theme.

Furthermore, you can’t deactivate this on-site text editing mode. When pressing the X at the right hand side in the storefront in order to deactivate it, it simply does nothing. So you have permanently an admin user logged in the storefront, with a lot of green text areas you can translate.

Up to last night it was working OK, in fact I modified some colors or font sizes with the theme Visual Editor on yesterday. But it doesn’t work anymore…

I also tried it in 2 different browsers.

Has anybody the same problem? May be is a stupid error from me? (I would not be surprised…)

Regards,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Please try clearing the template cache of your store with the following link:

www.your_store.com/admin.php?ctpl

Good day,

At first try to clear browser cookies and then all cache

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]http://www.your_store.com/admin.php?cc&ctpl [/font][/color]

Thanks a lot, simtechdev and ecomlabs!

It worked OK!

I used your 2 answers, one after the previous one, and then the thing works!!

May be it can solve other issues in the future, so I store your answers in a safe place.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Martin

galimusic.net

You are welcome! We are glad to help you.

[quote name='galimusic' timestamp='1407349715' post='188961']

Thanks a lot, simtechdev and ecomlabs!

It worked OK!

I used your 2 answers, one after the previous one, and then the thing works!!

May be it can solve other issues in the future, so I store your answers in a safe place.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Martin

galimusic.net

[/quote]

Thanks. Have a nice day!