Unable to login after update to 2.0.8

Upgrade seemed to smoothly - then was kicked from admin panel and now cannot login to admin panel - store is also closed so cannot use a password recovery (which is mentioned elsewhere)

not sure what the issue is but something is very broken - if i use an invalid password i get no error - just the screen refreshing back to a blank login

ftp account has ownership of every dir/file

no errors were thrown up during the process

totally dead in the water, no engine and adrift on the helpless seas… anyone with a lifeboat?

Daft Idea!!!

Try admin admin

[quote name=‘Catch1fish’]Upgrade seemed to smoothly - then was kicked from admin panel and now cannot login to admin panel - store is also closed so cannot use a password recovery (which is mentioned elsewhere)

not sure what the issue is but something is very broken - if i use an invalid password i get no error - just the screen refreshing back to a blank login

ftp account has ownership of every dir/file

no errors were thrown up during the process

totally dead in the water, no engine and adrift on the helpless seas… anyone with a lifeboat?[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem, in work I’m using HAVP HTTP antivirus proxy,

do you use proxy?

Go to [url]http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/[/url] and create a new MD5 hash value for your admin password. Next go to your server phpMyAdmin and open your database. navigate to cscart_users and expand it. Click on the ‘Browse’ button. When you find your account, click on the edit link (usuually a little pencil) and enter your new hash value in the password field. Save your changes and try to log in again.

Thanks for these great suggestions guys - turns out this was all down to the owner/group permissions for the files on the original install.

We’ve recently moved hosts and this is the first update since then - turns out all was not well.

Thankfully Arina on the cs-cart helpdesk managed to go in and untangle the sorry mess created with no damage and then complete the upgrade. Cost us 20credits but it meant we were down for less than 24 hours… credits well spent :rolleyes:

Am now discussing with our host what exactly I cocked up when creating the domain owner etc so we dont have the same issue next time.