Unable to change customer skin

In the administration panel I change the customer skin and hit save. A page that shows files being copied comes up. After its done it goes back to the select skin page and the basic skin is selected instead of the one I chose. Changing the skin again copies a much smaller set of files. The skin directories appear in the /skins folder after selecting them and hitting save. The skin on the site never changes and the basic skin remains selected.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

:confused:

[quote name=‘ChrisGBestChoice’]In the administration panel I change the customer skin and hit save. A page that shows files being copied comes up. After its done it goes back to the select skin page and the basic skin is selected instead of the one I chose. Changing the skin again copies a much smaller set of files. The skin directories appear in the /skins folder after selecting them and hitting save. The skin on the site never changes and the basic skin remains selected.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

:confused:[/QUOTE]

You will need to clear the cache!

Wow I feel like an idiot. I would’ve thought there would be a notice to the admin that the cache needs to be cleared for the changes to take effect though. It was definitely confusing and not readily apparent that the cache needs to be cleared when you change a skin in order for it to actually change.