Ultimate Trial Installed Page Not Found Error

HI there all,

We have a client who wants CSCART Ultimate. We have installed the lastest 3.04 trial version downloaded today.

The install is in the root Public_HTML folder.

The install goes through ok but when when complete the front page of the site give a page not found error.

The site was installed with all the demo data.

Any ideas or anyone else had this issue. It seems the SKIN has not been copied across.

So we copied from the skins repository and placed in the skins folder in the main public folder of the sitre. This then cured the page error on the front of the site.

My questions is though that is there a bug in cscart install as surely the skins folders should be copied across with the dome data install?

We also tried a trial install again with no demo data and noticed that when as store was created we had an error saying skins path was not recognised and again the store folder that is normally created in the stores folder was not created.

Any ideas on this?

In Ultimate, skins are copied from /var/skins_repository/skinname/ to /stores/1/skins/skinname/, '1' increments as per company id which you can find by going to Stores, then hover over Edit link and see company_id=1, company_id=2 etc in the URL.

I would hazard a guess that you have not set the correct permissions for /var/ and subdirectories or /stores/ and subdirectories.

HI StellarBytes,

Yes we know how Ultimate works but after initial install it seems nothing is copied during install from /var/skins_repository/skinname/

When we look in the STORES folder.

I will check permissions again to be sure though.

Thanks for the advice.

HI there,

Can confirm that all permissions checked.

Ran the install again and found that the error was the same again. When you browse the front of the demo install you get a page not found error.

I checked and there is no files in the /Skins/ folder in the public_html root.

There are files in the /Stores folder i.e., folder 1 and folder 2 under the demo install.

I`m not sure what's happening but its very annoying. If I copy from /var/skins_repository/ to /Skins in the public root then site comes up.

File/Folder permissions or incomplete installation files.

I have installed Ultimate numerous times now with various setups. In my latest build, I have Ultimate set up like so:

Domain1.com

Domain2.com

/skins/basic/

/skins/domain1skinname/

/skins/domain2skinname/

/stores/basic/

/stores/1/skins/basic/

/stores/1/skins/domain1skinname/

/stores/2/skins/basic/

/stores/2/skins/domain2skinname/

Permissions should be:

config.local.php - read/write for all users (666)
/images (and all its subdirectories) - read/write/execute for all users (777)
/skins - read/write/execute for all users (777)
/var (and all its subdirectories) - read/write/execute for all users (777)
/stores (and all its subdirectories) - read/write/execute for all users (777)
/acme/.htaccess - read/write for all users (666).

If you still have problems installing, I would advise removing all files/folders (or at least /skins/, /stores/ and /var/) and uploading from scratch, setting all the permissions as required before proceeding through the install.