Ultimate back to Professional version

The question may sound quite strange - if I do not like Ultimate version can I return back to Professional one?

I have 4 sites and 4 Prof. licenses, all versions 2.2.4. I bought in advance upgrade to Ultimate version 3.0. I am working on upgrade my 2.2.4 carts to 3.0.2, all works smooth, thanks to Cs-Cart Dev. team, the upgrade add-on makes the process simple.

Now I am thinking on upgrade my Prof. versions to Ultimate and here I have some fear. In past there were 4 separate sites, servers, databases, in my case at 2 different host providers. Now I will have one copy of software and one database, all other shops exist as a couple of signs in the database, they physically do not exist at all, they have only single .htaccess file! (at least this is what I see on testing installation).

Fine, this is what many of us asked for and waited long time! But during this time I had some problems with sites - virus attack, server crash, software problems. All on different sites in different time and while I was solving problems with one site all other sites were working. Now if something happens with software or database all 4 sites will be down.

My question - is there any way to return back from Ultimate version to Professional or this is one way ticket?

There are two main problems with the Ultimate version:[list=1]

[]a single .htaccess file for all stores, which is a a drama when you need to 301 redirect some items (or all of them, for that matter). So if you have the same products in three different stores, you get one “old url” and three new ones. Google does not know what to do with that.

[
]SSL certificates do not work on Ultimate. A huge mistake if you ask me.

[/list]

Other than that, minus a few extra bugs, the software is ok.

[quote name='Janssen' timestamp='1346091362' post='143759']

There are two main problems with the Ultimate version:[list=1]

[]a single .htaccess file for all stores, which is a a drama when you need to 301 redirect some items (or all of them, for that matter). So if you have the same products in three different stores, you get one “old url” and three new ones. Google does not know what to do with that.

[
]SSL certificates do not work on Ultimate. A huge mistake if you ask me.

[/list]

Other than that, minus a few extra bugs, the software is ok.

[/quote]

Thank you, Jenssen! Your information is extremely important. Nearly all shops use SSL so they can not use Ultimate version. Redirection 301 is widely used too. Thank you again.

What do you mean with “SSL certificates do not work on Ultimate.” ?

I asked my provider SSL to be setup. Then I changed the SSL settings in Settings - General.

When I go to the checkout page, it turns into a https URL. So it seems to be working?

Thanks,

Mark

I have two live Ultimate stores using SSL with no issues.

Did you setup your vhost_ssl.conf for your second store?