Uhmm.. Help please!!

So I’m happily typing away entering my products into my db when I notice the last 8 products I had just entered are not showing up on my website. I can see them in the admin panel and db, but they are not showing up in their respective categories.

Have I run into a limit of some sort?

Also, if I go into the admin panel and change how many items are supposed to show up on a page, nothing happens.

Can someone please give me some help? Thank you!

j

did you set the field AVAILABLE set to checked?

^^ i bet thats it… I done that before. Well when importing products with a csv i forget to say its avaible.

yes, the available check box is checked. It’s not a single item that has stopped appearing, it’s multiple items. Trust me, I’ve been entering over 400 items the past few days, and not importing them, I’ve got a whole little routine going :slight_smile:

I really hope cs-cart hasn’t sh!t the bed on me. Ever since the 1.3.3 upgrade I’ve not been really happy w/ it. Grrrr…

j

i was having a problem where some tick marks such as quotes and such bothered it and after i hit the add button it took me to the home page. i had cs fix it they said it was a bug in explorer.

[quote name=‘zoom4267’]i was having a problem where some tick marks such as quotes and such bothered it and after i hit the add button it took me to the home page. i had cs fix it they said it was a bug in explorer.[/QUOTE]

It’s not working in any browser I try, FF, IE, Flock, Opera… It’s simply not displaying any additional items in this category.

j

There isn’t a limit to the number of items in a category is there? Maybe I’ll try deleting the items that aren’t showing up and re-enter them. Ugghh this blows.

j

EDIT Well, it’s like CS-Cart is capping out. In this one particular category I’d like to enter 102 items, but CS-Cart is getting to 70 items and then crapping out. If I enter over 70 items, those items over 70 will not show up. WTF? Anyone have any ideas for me please?***

in another post it was said that the cart was tested to 100,000 products.

[quote name=‘zoom4267’]in another post it was said that the cart was tested to 100,000 products.[/QUOTE]

Ya I know, and there spec page says unlimited categories, products etc. There’s got to be an explanation… or I want a refund.

j

i checked my products out but i dont have any categories that have more that 70 products.

Dear StrangeRanger,

CS-Cart has no any limitations on the amount of products in any category or subcategory. The maximum depends only on the productivity of the server where you have your CS-Cart store run.

Anyway, to find out why you exeprience the described problems, please start a corresponding support ticket in our Help Desk system and our support engineer will help you to resolve the issue.

Thank you

[quote name=‘admin’]Dear StrangeRanger,

CS-Cart has no any limitations on the amount of products in any category or subcategory. The maximum depends only on the productivity of the server where you have your CS-Cart store run.

Anyway, to find out why you exeprience the described problems, please start a corresponding support ticket in our Help Desk system and our support engineer will help you to resolve the issue.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Hi Admin,

I have submitted a help desk ticket and anxiously awaiting a response. Thank you,

j

PS: The server the site is on not the limiting factor in this case, it is a huge, fast dedicated server.

Thanks to the help desk I realize I’m an idiot :slight_smile: Apparently CS-Cart will only display pages 1-7, then 8-15, then 16-etc. You have to use the drop down list to see the next patch of pages.

Does anyone know how to change this feature so that all pages are show across the top of the products page? Thanks,

j

:stuck_out_tongue: glad its working.:stuck_out_tongue:

glad it was something easy,

Yup, it’s working and learned how to display more pages along the top to boot. Liking CS support :slight_smile:

j