Tweaking Tips are welcome

Hi there,

I’m tweaking the template Aquarelle_pink for sp4.I manage to set fixed width,customize background color and side boxes.Now i want to place the logo in the right place i want.

My logo is in default position for the logo.My idea is move a bit DOWN and cut the image in two(image1.png and image2.png).

But i don’t know where to insert the code for this 2 images and change width and hight.Any help?:stuck_out_tongue:

this is a screenshoot that shows the position where i want to DRAG my logo

Picture-1.jpg

You will need to change /4cs135/skins/aquarelle_pink/customer/top_menu.tpl around line 8 (inside the "logo-image-wrapper div) to load your 2 images.

You will probably need to change .logo-image-wrapper in styles.css

Bob

I don’t have a clue what to do to insert logo1.png and logo2.png here in my top_menu.tpl:

{* $Id: top_menu.tpl 3768 2007-08-29 10:21:17Z angel $ *}

{assign var=“tab_width” value=“100”}

{if $current_url == "$index_script"}{assign var="tab_active" value="active_"}{else}{assign var="tab_active" value=""}{/if}
{include file="common_templates/top_tab.tpl" caption_tab=$lang.home href_tab=$index_script width_tab=$tab_width active_tab=$tab_active}
[B]
it would be something like it is highlighted?
[/B]

Sorry, I was looking at the basic skin. You’ll want to look at line 9 in /skins/aquarelle_pink/customer/top.tpl

{$settings.Company.company_name}

Bob

… 

Hi Bob,thanks for the correction.But i tell you the true,I’m a “copy&paste” programmer,so,even with this line you gave i couldn’t be able to know the exact parameters to insert:logo1.png and logo2.png.Could you show me how it would looks like the code after inserting this images(logo1.png and logo2.png)?Thanks in advance:roll:

And maybe ,there’s a way to do it easier.I would like to do,the same way cs cart did in the template with images of people shopping.I if notice,there’s 2 images.1 image is inside the template(heads) the other image,is the bodies(this picture you can drag in the browser).see the picture to see the images i’m talking about

Picture-1-copy.jpg

[quote name=‘gabrieluk’]And maybe ,there’s a way to do it easier.I would like to do,the same way cs cart did in the template with images of people shopping.I if notice,there’s 2 images.1 image is inside the template(heads) the other image,is the bodies(this picture you can drag in the browser).see the picture to see the images i’m talking about[/QUOTE]

That is a single image - top.tools.right.gif. I think this approach is much easier.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]That is a single image - top.tools.right.gif. I think this approach is much easier.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Yes ,it is one image,but it is split in two,see attached files.I just need to reproduce this on the left side of the template,and comment out the original logo position,i think(:confused: :rolleyes: :roll: )

people_top.gif

people_bottom.gif

[quote name=‘gabrieluk’]Yes ,it is one image,but it is split in two,see attached files.I just need to reproduce this on the left side of the template,and comment out the original logo position,i think(:confused: :rolleyes: :roll: )[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need to follow the same approach - you need to put each part of the image in adjacent table rows like they do in the top.tpl file.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Yes, you need to follow the same approach - you need to put each part of the image in adjacent table rows like they do in the top.tpl file.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob,

I did what you recommended…guess what?It works!!!:stuck_out_tongue: :wink: .

This is how my top.tpl looks like now:

```php {* $Id: top.tpl 3768 2007-08-29 10:21:17Z angel $ *}

{include file="top_menu.tpl"}

{include file="common_templates/select_currency.tpl"} {include file="common_templates/select_language.tpl"}

{include file="side_boxes/search.tpl"}

```
and this is a link for the artwork... [url]http://www.funkysheila.com/shop/index.php[/url]
what do you think?
regards,
Gabriel

Glad that worked out - it looks fine. Your site does load a bit slow though.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Glad that worked out - it looks fine. Your site does load a bit slow though.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Do you know what could be the cause?The png’s maybe are too big(116k and 24k)?Or maybe something else?

Another problem i noticed today,was when i opened the site with ie7 in a notebook,the table a created move to the left sometimes.In a normal laptop using ie7 works fine

correction:

this morning a wake up,and it works fine in the notebook,who can understand IE anyway…