Turn on Reviews for all products??

:confused: :wink: Sorry I asked! Thanks for sharing your fix.

[quote name=‘vortech’]

NOTE if you have some just remove the product ID from the above list other wise it will tell you it’s already there and will kill the code.[/QUOTE]

Or you could use REPLACE INTO and it would overwrite any existing id’s.

Yea I suck at how to’s. lol Some how I made it work. I did not even think about REPLACE INTO I guess that would work as well.

Once you get the product id it really just a bunch of playing around until you get it right. After I had an idea how they were doing it made it easy. It’s an odd way I think they did it but I guess it’s also good if you don’t use them it takes up zero space.

Just spent a while having to do this… so I thought I’d post the solution in case anyone still needs this…

EDIT ------

BAD CODE

ignore

(!)

I think the easiest (and safest) way to do this is with a mass product update within CS-Cart:

1. Go to Manage Products and select all products (or some manageable subset such as categories)
  2. In the section “Select fields to edit”, unselect all fields and then place a check in front of the “Reviews” item and then click the “Modify selected” button
  3. Click the “Apply values to all selected products” link on the Update Products page
  4. In the first section, place a check in front of the “Reviews” item and then select “All” from the dropdown menu. Hit the Apply button and all the selected items should be changed.

Bob

ok get your checkbooks ready ill take cash !

im surprise the dev guy gave such a part way answer…luckie i just etup my first store and have come to this short fall in the admin area…

if the dev people are listening, make a selection and be able to apply it to all or some product is the correct way, not choose a drop down for 500 products to turn it on…

anyways…heres the easy way to do it, the right way…

to update all products to have review turned on

To enable “Reviews” for all products at once:

part 1

1. Log in to your administrator panel and click on the Manage products link in the CATALOG side box.
  2. Select Full list in the Range select box near the pagination.
  3. Select all products by clicking on the check box near the CODE title at the top of the product list.
  4. Click on the Unselect all link in the Select fields to edit section at the bottom.
  5. Select the Reviews check box in this new section and click on the Modify selected button.
  6. Do not modify any drop down!!!
  7. Click on the Apply button. The selected value will be applied to all the products. and the database entries will be created

give the page plenty of time to load in the first step, i have 500 products and doing all takes a load on the web browser, providing your server is fast and has a long timeout setting to execute scripts… just be patient, or do smaller groups

part 2

run this sql query on the database

UPDATE cscart_discussion SET type=‘B’ WHERE (object_type=‘P’)

taaaadaaa…all done, in like 5 min or less.

[quote name=‘crackdaddy’]ok get your checkbooks ready ill take cash !

im surprise the dev guy gave such a part way answer…luckie i just etup my first store and have come to this short fall in the admin area…

if the dev people are listening, make a selection and be able to apply it to all or some product is the correct way, not choose a drop down for 500 products to turn it on…

anyways…heres the easy way to do it, the right way…

to update all products to have review turned on

To enable “Reviews” for all products at once:

part 1

1. Log in to your administrator panel and click on the Manage products link in the CATALOG side box.
  2. Select Full list in the Range select box near the pagination.
  3. Select all products by clicking on the check box near the CODE title at the top of the product list.
  4. Click on the Unselect all link in the Select fields to edit section at the bottom.
  5. Select the Reviews check box in this new section and click on the Modify selected button.
  6. Do not modify any drop down!!!
  7. Click on the Apply button. The selected value will be applied to all the products. and the database entries will be created

give the page plenty of time to load in the first step, i have 500 products and doing all takes a load on the web browser, providing your server is fast and has a long timeout setting to execute scripts… just be patient, or do smaller groups

part 2

run this sql query on the database

UPDATE cscart_discussion SET type=‘B’ WHERE (object_type=‘P’)

taaaadaaa…all done, in like 5 min or less.[/QUOTE]
  8. Do not modify any drop down!!!

Why???

Any luck on this one? Maybe if we had the SQL statement that does the inserts it would be fairly easy to write a quick script to do this. Our cart has over 5,000 products and doing this by hand is well…