Turn off block caching for Cart Status Block?

Hey Guys,

We’ve recently updated one of our cscart websites, which is using a ‘cart status’ block, derived from the mini-cart that normally appears in the header.

the blocks code is rather simple;

{* $Id: my_cart.tpl 10109 2010-07-19 11:58:58Z klerik $ *}<br />
{** block-description:my_cart **}<br />
<br />
{assign var="escaped_current_url" value=$config.current_url|escape:url}<br />
{include file="views/checkout/components/cart_status.tpl"}
```<br />
Pulls up the cart_status template into a block. This work great normally, but since doing the update, we've found when someone quickly changes quantities, or purchases, the items listed in the block go out of whack, not refreshing correctly on new pages.<br />
<br />
As soon as we changed the config to stop block caching, the problem has stopped, so this seem to be the issue. My question, [B]is there anywhere i can set this block in particular to stop caching?[/B]<br />
<br />
While having block caching turned off works for now, the speed reduction is noticeable, so it would be nice to turn it back on again, but still have this block behaving correctly.<br />
<br />
Just FYI - the cart_status template we are using is a considerably cut down version;<br />
```php
{* $Id: cart_status.tpl 11903 2011-02-24 09:18:16Z aelita $ *}<br />
<br />
{hook name="checkout:minicart"}<br />
	<div id="cart_status"><br />
{if $smarty.session.cart.amount}<br />
<p>You have <a href="{"checkout.cart"|fn_url}"><strong>{if $smarty.session.cart.amount > 1}{$smarty.session.cart.amount} items{else}1 item{/if}</strong></a> in your cart.</p><br />
<p>{$lang.subtotal}: <strong>{include file="common_templates/price.tpl" value=$smarty.session.cart.display_subtotal}</strong></p><br />
<div class="center">{include file="buttons/button.tpl" but_text="`$lang.checkout`" but_href="checkout.checkout`$fn_url`" but_role="action"}</div><br />
{else}<br />
<p>You have no items in your cart</p><br />
{/if}<br />
</div><br />
{/hook}
```<br />
<br />
this template cleans out all the pop-up stuff, and makes it a simple number of items, and subtotal, which links to the detailed page. I don't think this has any affect, but it's here just incase, :)<br />
<br />
Thanks for any help,<br />
Alex

I am also trying to get this problem fixed EnvyUs.

I really wish CS-Cart would provide a 'Mini cart' block filling as moving the existing pop-up cart status to another location is just too restrictive.

I hope with each new version that this is included and have posted it on the 'ideas' forum but it seems like no one else but us seems to think it is a problem?