Trying to purchase 2.2.5 Pro License

I submitted a ticket yesterday wanting to purchase a 2.2.5 Pro license to upgrade a community license. Still haven't heard back.

go into settings upgrade centre and it should give you a message that upgrades can be purchased.

or you can purchase one from here

and or check the status of your licence here

john

Just got a reply from support. The upgrade from community 2.2.5 to Pro 2.2.5 has gone up by $100 from $245 to $345!!

Ouch… Did expect that big of a jump for the same functionality for a discontinued version.

As of today, unless I need a cart with all the features Pro offers, I'll be pushing Opencart and Joomla/Virtuemart. A $100 jump for a discontinued version of the code is bad business.

eCommerce carts (especially cloud based products) are increasing in features and popularity so, the increase is unmerited in my opinion.

[quote name=‘webjive’ timestamp=‘1347980222’ post=‘145310’]

Just got a reply from support. The upgrade from community 2.2.5 to Pro 2.2.5 has gone up by $100 from $245 to $345!!

Ouch… Did expect that big of a jump for the same functionality for a discontinued version.

As of today, unless I need a cart with all the features Pro offers, I’ll be pushing Opencart and Joomla/Virtuemart. A $100 jump for a discontinued version of the code is bad business.

eCommerce carts (especially cloud based products) are increasing in features and popularity so, the increase is unmerited in my opinion.

[/quote]

There have been alot of changes made over the last few months, I am actually finding it difficult myself to keep up with what is changing from week to week! :confused:

The price for a Professional Version license increased to $345.00 a few months back, however, the current version is 3.03. (Which will soon be considered a “single store Ultimate Version”, meaning you can add additional stores if so desired & manage thru the single admin without additional upgrades by simply purchasing additional store licenses.)

So, you are actually requesting an older, 2.2.5 version (in case you didn’t realize this).

Note that things like Pro license are not version dependent. So whether you're using it for 2.2.5 Pro or 3.0.3 Pro doesn't matter and you can upgrade from 2.2.5 to 3.0.3.

Prices all went up (across the board for all products) when 3.0 was first released.

tbirnseth, I don't think your reading the entire post. We can't upgrade from 2.2.5 to 3.x pro because the templating in 3.x is incompatible with 2.2x templates. We only do custom skins so upgrading from 2.2x to 3.x is out of the question since it would take considerable work to get the skin ready.

I was addressing the point about cost of licensing. I'm well aware of the work/effort it takes to move customization from V2 to V3.

In re-reading the post I don't see anywhere where you discuss upgrading from 2.2.5 to V3, only that you wanted to move from community to Pro.

The support dept. did get back with me and now understand that we only wish to upgrade to 2.2.5 pro. After thinking about it a bit though, I see their conundrum with discounting back to the old price because the upgrade would allow me to move to 3.x from 2.x.

Since the customer isn't funding an upgrade of the template, that's not going to happen so, we're paying for the upgrade because the client needs pro. Onto the next build!

Thanks CS-Cart