Trying to install trial version

Ioncube is what CS-Cart uses to make their time trial work. You can download a free version of Ioncube at:

[URL=“Loader Download - PHP Encoder, protection, installer and performance tools from ionCube”]Loader Download - PHP Encoder, protection, installer and performance tools from ionCube

If you are running Windows on your computer than download the Window x86 version installer and then follow directions. You will need to know and enter in your ftp information. This installer only installs version 3.1.32, but it might work for you.

I have version 5.2 that I would be happy to send to you, but I would like some more input from other members if this is ok or not first.

Brandon

I don’t normally insult other hosting companies however, in your case they are complete idiots!

Ioncube is a completely safe solution and absolutely required to run any of the VERY MANY php scripts now encoded with it. It is now the most popular and secure form of source code encoding available and is here to stay so, this host better get a little more education or stick to only hosting billboard html sites.

What they think they know is; The PHP function required to run ioncube modules directly from a users file directory “enable_dl” can be dangerous in other ways non-related to ioncube. They have evidently disabled the enable_dl function on their servers as many hosts (including myself) have done and this will disable the ability for you to run your own uploaded version of ioncube. This does NOT prevent running ioncube on the server though.

The host can easily install ioncube as an Apache module just as Zend or eAccelerator. It will then be available to each of it’s clients automatically without a need for them to upload additional files or need the dangerous enable_dl function.

Anyone wanting to check if they are able to run ioncube scripts can do so with a phpinfo script.

First look right below the top table, there should be another one with information similar to this (notice the ‘with’ includes)

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.5.2, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.2, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
with Suhosin v0.9.23, Copyright (c) 2007, by SektionEins GmbH
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

If you do not see ioncube listed here then it is not installed. Look a little further down to see if you can run it yourself. Find enable_dl on the left side of the next table and look to it’s right to see if it is enabled.

If this says on then you should be able to upload and run the ioncube extensions from your account. If off then you will not be able to run anything encoded with ioncube on that server.

S-Combs you are right!!!