Try The Advanced Import Of Products

Hi ikoshkin please test this addon its very useful and more flexible. Please add XML structure because the most store site and company not use only .csv format

please follow this link. You can change a lot of thinks. i use this addon if you want i can sent.

import pro

test site

**we can use the same column, for different column. its very useful. Example I want to use a sample column for all of the following

Page title

Meta description

Meta keywords

search word

***i test 6000 products in demo sites gives "processing" screen and didnt work.

****in demo sites in "options" "Delete all existing product files before import" and the others didint works too

Can you please send me examples of XML files you use. We are considering the ability to add XML to updated import.

Need it to be able to read a text tab delimited file.

Also getting an error even though max upload is 60mb.

ErrorFile is too large. Max uploading size is 8M.

Say, i import 6000 lines.

But i dont know what is inside, only see the top.

I want before the real import is done, look in that file.

So maby, first import, check and than finaly import.

And maby even changed a field in that file.

And yes, Excel i know, but that is not what i want.

Need it to be able to read a text tab delimited file.

Also getting an error even though max upload is 60mb.

This is PHP configuration restrictions at your hosting. You can start with this URL https://www.drupal.org/docs/7/managing-site-performance-and-scalability/increase-upload-size-in-your-phpini

Say, i import 6000 lines.

But i dont know what is inside, only see the top.

I want before the real import is done, look in that file.

So maby, first import, check and than finaly import.

That will complex the import process significantly. So if you are importing for the first time and not sure about how this will go I would recommend to import 100-200 lines and check the results. In 4.7.1 we added a special filter on the manage products page - Recently Updated

And maby even changed a field in that file.

And yes, Excel i know, but that is not what i want.

See the response about complexity - the more complex import process is - the more unpredictable and sudden mistakes you get.

Hi i test xml good

There are some shortcomings i see.
1-For example, if the company has a product that contains several different categories, what should be done? For example, three different categories of textile furniture and car parts need to be designed separately for them?
Some XML have in structure all in it. Not diveded category product etc. i can select the main and sub category. its important
2-What if we do not have the product type in the xml format? In the example I sent to you, there is not. I could do that by changing it to P or C, which is not used one of them there.

3-Can test 10 - 100 products for testing good or not. if got something wrong can change short time. The others whole products import and can see its true or not.

4-Add "Modifier List" "Replace" can change began wtih code . Example "

5-How can we select second, third etc image? i select the other image detailed image or additional image but cant work

6- Company give xml adress like this

site.com/xml/?xml=categories&ip=ipnumber

when i want to get. i get an error " Error Cannot read uploaded file"

Hi i test xml good

There are some shortcomings i see.
1-For example, if the company has a product that contains several different categories, what should be done? For example, three different categories of textile furniture and car parts need to be designed separately for them?
Some XML have in structure all in it. Not diveded category product etc. i can select the main and sub category. its important
2-What if we do not have the product type in the xml format? In the example I sent to you, there is not. I could do that by changing it to P or C, which is not used one of them there.

3-Can test 10 - 100 products for testing good or not. if got something wrong can change short time. The others whole products import and can see its true or not.

4-Add "Modifier List" "Replace" can change began wtih code . Example "

5-How can we select second, third etc image? i select the other image detailed image or additional image but cant work

6- Company give xml adress like this

when i want to get. i get an error " Error Cannot read uploaded file"

Hi, thank you for the feedback. It's very helpful.

1. I did not understand what you mean. Can you please explain it in more details.

2. We are thinking on getting rid of product_type - it's not a user friendly field.

3. You mean you want to set a limit like "import only X items"?

4. this won't work because you should replace the start of the code " img src="http://" and the end "">"

5. Right now we are implemented the feature that parse all the similar fields like "

6. what does it mean?

I will go through you import file and get back with more details

Hi imac

1- How can choose Category -> sub category . Example i sent before in xml have only main category and subcategory How can we choose.

Computer
Fan

3- Yes can we or 10 items for show its good or something is wrong. We can see everything is all right short time.

5- Not "comma" works good. First i sent the XML got like this. How can add this in second image?

6- The person is able to define a specific line and only let them see it. Not everyone can use this.
Company gives link for XML like this.
in it have XML structure but i test and cant import dev.demo.cs-cart.com adress.
They add ip number for use only ip adress. . "ipnumber" is your ip number

It would be great to get rid of the product_type requirement, as currently this advanced import is unusable for me.

Great idea - would work wonders and be perfect for my daily product feeds, but none of them have this field particularly as it is unique to CS-Cart

It would be great to get rid of the product_type requirement, as currently this advanced import is unusable for me.

Great idea - would work wonders and be perfect for my daily product feeds, but none of them have this field particularly as it is unique to CS-Cart

Hi, can you please clarify what is great idea?

And please describe the exact scenario of how you do import and why product_type is a problem for you. I would like to understand your workflow. We do have some thoughts on removing product_type - but not yet sure how it should be identified instead.

Hi imac

1- How can choose Category -> sub category . Example i sent before in xml have only main category and subcategory How can we choose.

Computer
Fan

You should use one tag Computer///Fan

Hi, can you please clarify what is great idea?

And please describe the exact scenario of how you do import and why product_type is a problem for you. I would like to understand your workflow. We do have some thoughts on removing product_type - but not yet sure how it should be identified instead.

The Advanced Import is a great idea and will certainly help me with tracking my suppliers stock directly in my store.

I obtain several product feeds which are updated on a daily and sometimes hourly basis by my suppliers.

I have no control over the contents of the feed and have to work with the fields provided.

Usually the file will be a csv and will contact at least:

Manufacturers product code

Suppliers product code

Suppliers cost price

Suppliers stock quantity

This is the minimum information which I can work with to import into my store to update stock and pricing on a daily basis. It does not allow me to add any fields which are custom to my store as this information if provided by my supplier to many other suppliers.

I also have to bear in mind that I products may be available from more than one supplier. I've previously in Magento been able to get around this by adding a 'Supplier' and 'Supplier Code' Feature and mapped the product by 'Supplier code' and not 'Manufacturers product code'.

This is where a one to many solution would be invaluable which add up the stock available from all suppliers however, this I'm sure is beyond the scope of the advanced import at this stage!

Hopefully, I've explained this well enough, the key is that I have no control over the contents of the file with stock and pricing from my supplier.

Hi imac

1- You are maybe wright but company sent this xml structure. All programmer dont now about xml stucture so we coudnt say all company your xml is wrong.

Example : I sent the private message before xml structure. This company is very old and has been doing the same since it was first established.

Soo if you build a flexible structure from scratch, there will be very few questions that come to you.

2- i coudnt add second image. how can add this??

3- in multivendor dev demo site cant work xml import.

I haven't messed with the addon enough to know if it works or not but it sounds like modifiers need the ability to combine data from different columns.

For example in crazysharks case with categories:

Category - $valuecolumn1"///"$valuecolumn2

Another example where you have separate inventory from different warehouses and you need to add them together for the amount/quantity:

Quantity - $valuecolumn1+$valuecolumn2+...

This is what i get for update the stock in 3 rows.

No name above the field and no column product_type.

How to import this CVS file?

First field: Product_code - Second field: barcode - Third field: the amount of

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

8,72E+12

One more Q.

What if you have 2 stores, then the store name must also set?

Above whas:

First field: Product_code - Second field: barcode - Third field: the amount of

96101 8,72E+12 4

96106 8,72E+12 6

96114 8,72E+12 2

96116 8,72E+12 9

96121 8,72E+12 13

96126 8,72E+12 3

96134 8,72E+12 0

96136 8,72E+12 14

96141 8,72E+12 8

96146 8,72E+12 2

I also have to bear in mind that I products may be available from more than one supplier. I've previously in Magento been able to get around this by adding a 'Supplier' and 'Supplier Code' Feature and mapped the product by 'Supplier code' and not 'Manufacturers product code'.

Thank you for details,

As for supplier code. You can create a feature called "Supplier code" and use it. In Advanced import you can import features in a separate columns. You can even set several imports for several suppliers and use modifier to fullfill Supplier code feature. Like this "concat('Supplier1', '') - which will set value Supplier1 for all the products from this import.