Trash Category How To Delete Items Safely?

Trash category how to delete items safely?

​I have 100 items in the trash category by accident and the same 100 items in a good category for sale.

How do I delete the trash items without deleting the good items?

​I tried deleting one trash item and it deleted the good item also!

Thank you!

If you delete the Trash category, only items from this category will be deleted.

If you delete the Trash category, only items from this category will be deleted.

No that does not work - I deleted the category trusting your advice and lost more than 100 products...

Luckily I had a backup copy of my website so I have restored the missing products.

Now I still have duplicate items in my trash category does anyone know how to delete the trash items without deleting the connected items on a good category?

A work around might be to be to change the item numbers of the good category products? Not sure...

good thing you had a backup!

good thing you had a backup!

Correct - actually I pay my web host for a rapid restore service and I keep a number of backups on my server.

For around 7GB it only took an hour.

Correct - actually I pay my web host for a rapid restore service and I keep a number of backups on my server.

For around 7GB it only took an hour.

after making a big mistake early on, I now am in the habit of using the built-in backup utility before making any significant changes, takes minutes rather than an hour to restore

No that does not work - I deleted the category trusting your advice and lost more than 100 products...

I failed to reproduce the issue on the demo. Only required products are deleted. Look like there is something wrong with your CS-Cart installation

I failed to reproduce the issue on the demo. Only required products are deleted. Look like there is something wrong with your CS-Cart installation

Maybe there is something wrong with my store and maybe not...

I am not using the current demo version and I have found that the demo version does not always act the Same way as the older versions...

But anyway thank you for trying to help I appreciate that.

after making a big mistake early on, I now am in the habit of using the built-in backup utility before making any significant changes, takes minutes rather than an hour to restore

Interesting - minutes sounds a lot better than an hour - thank you for the idea.

Sounds like the products are linked to both categories? Have you removed the link to the trash category?

Ghiyas,

After reading your post I went back and deleted the Trash link from each product.

First one by one then five at a time then all the rest.

And your idea worked!

Thank you very much.