Translating The Admin

Hi guys.

I’m translating the administration panel of my store, however I cannot find a way to translate admin options such as ‘min_admin_password_length’.

I went to translate.cs-cart.com and began noticing that all variables under the ‘SettingsOptions’ context, including the one above, are not present in my installation (4.1.2). While I can manually add them, the admin panel does not show the translated string.

Any ideas?

Hi,

The names of the settings are stored in another table in the DB. So at the moment there is no ability to translate them from the admin panel under the Translations tab. But you can use phpMyAdmin and edit the “cscart_settings_descriptions” table.

Hope it will help you.

[quote name='denisgomes' timestamp='1394414914' post='179019']

Hi guys.

I'm translating the administration panel of my store, however I cannot find a way to translate admin options such as 'min_admin_password_length'.

I went to translate.cs-cart.com and began noticing that all variables under the 'SettingsOptions' context, including the one above, are not present in my installation (4.1.2). While I can manually add them, the admin panel does not show the translated string.

Any ideas?

[/quote]

Editing the database tables would not work in the long term as I would not be able to import this to a new store or send to someone. Anyway, why is this on the database and when it will be available for translation via the backend?

Dear denisgomes,

We are totally agree with you that the current behavior is not convenient. And unfortunately we have no answer on your question.