Transfer Of Block Structure While Upgrading

We are using 3.06 Ultimate on one of my sites. It has a lot of blocks setup for different usergroups. Are the blocks, layout and usergroups automatically transferred during the upgrade process to 4.3.x?

Does it impact the blocks if we move to the Responsive theme during the upgrade.

hi,

[quote]We are using 3.06 Ultimate on one of my sites. It has a lot of blocks setup for different usergroups. Are the blocks, layout and usergroups automatically transferred during the upgrade process to 4.3.x?[/quote]

1. default cs-cart can't set user groups for blocks - it seems that a custom module is used in your store for this so you should ask module developer about it.
  2. blocks and layouts should be upgraded properly.

best regards,

WSA team

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1433244465' post='216925']

We are using 3.06 Ultimate on one of my sites. It has a lot of blocks setup for different usergroups. Are the blocks, layout and usergroups automatically transferred during the upgrade process to 4.3.x?

Does it impact the blocks if we move to the Responsive theme during the upgrade.

[/quote]

It does… We are going thru the same thing… Migrating to a Responsive site requires rebuilding everything…

Have Fun…

So if I upgrade to the responsive theme I will lose all my blocks? Can I choose to use the basic theme during the upgrade and keep all our existing blocks intact?

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1433298032' post='217030']

So if I upgrade to the responsive theme I will lose all my blocks? Can I choose to use the basic theme during the upgrade and keep all our existing blocks intact?

[/quote]

The upgrade process will keep you basic theme intact… Its just when you convert over to Responsive you will have some work to do…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1433305026' post='217036']

The upgrade process will keep you basic theme intact… Its just when you convert over to Responsive you will have some work to do…

[/quote]

You can export layout from the basic theme, activate the Responsive one and import the layout

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1433411391' post='217251']

You can export layout from the basic theme, activate the Responsive one and import the layout

[/quote]

Yeah right…Sounds good… I wish it was that easy… That will save your blocks but the imported layout itself is useless…

Still will have lots of work to do.

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1433426118' post='217321'] Yeah right…Sounds good… I wish it was that easy… That will save your blocks but the imported layout itself is useless… Still will have lots of work to do. [/quote]

At least it is not required to create everything from scratch on the new theme