Tracking Code

I have signed up with a company in Australia to help promote my site and track my sales and they want me to put some sales tracking code in my cart. I have put the code in order_details.tpl where it says in the Knowledge Base to put it. However, I do not know what to put for the variables.

The tracking code is as follows:

https://secure.getprice.com.au/affsale.asp?shopid=964&price=400&sid=1981”>

where:

“400 is the price of the product (this should be entered by your system dynamically for each product) and 1981 is the sale id in your system (this should be entered by your system)”

Is anyone able to let me know what I need to put here for the variables of “400” and “1981” so the tracking code works?

Thanks in anticipation.

1981: order_id

400: amount - But this is the cost of the individual product and is not in the same table as orders. If you want the price of the entire order (more than 1 product) then the field is subtotal

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]1981: order_id

400: amount - But this is the cost of the individual product and is not in the same table as orders. If you want the price of the entire order (more than 1 product) then the field is subtotal[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do want the cost of the individual product. So is that all I have to put in - just the words “order_id” and “amount” with nothing else, i.e. I don’t have to put “{$order_info.order_id}” and “{$product.amount}”?

Okay, scratch the above. Try this:

{$order_details.order_id}

{$order_details.price}

Thank you so much for that. I won’t know if it has worked for a day or so but will let you know.

I can’t seem to get the tracking code working at all, even without the variables in it. I have put the code where the CS-Cart Knowledge Base says to put it in order_details.tpl and it should work. Even without the relevant variables, it should show any sales I have. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is not tracking my sales. I have the feeling I have it in the incorrect place.

Surely there is someone on the forum who uses third party tracking code that may be able to help me with this. I have put the code where the CS-Cart Knowledge Base says to put it but it isn’t showing up at all.

The instructions for insertion of the code from Getprice say to "Please Copy & Paste the following Code on the thank you page in your shopping basket.

I have put it in the order_details.tpl file after “{if $smarty.get.confirmation == ‘Y’}” as the Knowledge Base instructs. Is this the correct place to put it (i.e. the thank you page).

Is there anyone who can help me at all with this. I really would like to know how many clicks through from the referrer are converting to sales.