track my order not working

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to get track my order in My Account block to work. But it just throws up an error 404 page.

Does anyone know how I can configure this to work?. Ideally I just want to allow the customer to enter the number and it then shows the status of the order.

thanks

You have 69 posts and/or threads all asking for help in the past 5 days and not one post helping someone else. I even spent hours putting your site on line. Have you thought of reading the knowledgebase or searching the forums for answers to your questions?

Do you know about the Knowledgebase, which can be found here - [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation - and have you downloaded the instruction manual, which you can download from here - [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Try reading these and you will find most of the answers you are looking for.

Have you done a local installation yet to try out your changes?

I can’t help you with the answer to your question as I am not using Version 2. I feel if you spend some time reading the instruction manual and the Knowledgebase, you will have a much better idea of how CS-Cart works, which would then help you make the changes you want to make.

Then, before posting to the forum, search and see if someone else has had the same problem, which is more than likely and only then, if all else fails, post your question to the forum.

Good luck.

jeez you americans really are bad tempered.

Can you please stop saying that i’m not helping people as well…I’m learning and it’s doubtful I can help anyone at the current time. When I learn I will use the knowledge to help people. End of story. By me posting these messages it’s helping people anyways…primarily because I am bringing up a useful & relevant question, and if people search for it they will find the answer…but I doubt a google search or forum search with this post in the results will benefit anyone (well unless we all just use the knowledgebase and have no community).

I will use the knowledgebase. Thanks for informing me.

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]jeez you americans really are bad tempered.[/QUOTE]

I’m not American and I’m certainly not bad tempered. I was only trying to help and thought you may not have known about the instruction manual and knowledgebase.

I am American and I have spent hours searching this forum for (and finding) answers to many of my issues. And I am getting bad tempered.

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]Hi everyone,

I’m trying to get track my order in My Account block to work. But it just throws up an error 404 page.

Does anyone know how I can configure this to work?. Ideally I just want to allow the customer to enter the number and it then shows the status of the order.

thanks[/QUOTE]

If a user is logged in

When you put in your order number it should just send the user to a page showing the order info.

But when putting in an order that “that” user did not create then I will get access denied 403

If you are not logged in and just put in the order number it will email the user associated to that order.

Thanks very much.

Sorry to be a pain in the backside. I feel like i’ve lost the plot as i’m in a massive rush to get a job finished by friday. The customer wants to roll it out by Saturday :frowning:

Also sorry for the comment about americans being bad tempered. I think it was a bit uncalled for. Just stressed out to be honest as i’ve been working around the clock, even working from 5pm to 8am and then going to work.

I will take on board what everyone has said. And I will be sure to use this forum as a tool to help others once I get more familiar with how things work. I’m sure I will be using CS Cart on a regular basis and want to get help/ give help and gain a good understanding of the power of CS Cart.

Thankyou

P.S. I don’t know what has got into you Roban…but you don’t seem to be in a great mood with me. I understand where you’re coming from but go easy man, I will learn my way on this forum eventually.

Sorry, but I must agree with “Lyn” and “roban”.

If you are lazy to reading and think other people will do your job for you, then here are you wrong!

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]I feel like i’ve lost the plot as i’m in a massive rush to get a job finished by friday. The customer wants to roll it out by Saturday[/QUOTE]

I am not being rude or bad tempered or anything like that but I do feel if you are taking on projects for customers you really should know your product beforehand rather than learning “on the job” so to speak. It is OK if it is your personal site you are experimenting with but I presume you are being paid for your work for someone else and if you are going to sell a product you need to know what you are selling.

If I was paying someone to do a job for me, I certainly wouldn’t feel very reassured if they had to post questions to a forum all the time to find answers.

Just my two cents worth and please don’t take offence. I am sure eventually you will know CS-Cart inside out and will be answering questions for other people but in the meantime take the time to read the instructions and the other posts on the forum and maybe don’t take on any jobs for other people until you really know what you are doing with the cart. This is where a local installation would be invaluable to you as you can play around with it and really get to know how the cart works when you are not under pressure to complete work for someone else.

[QUOTE]jeez you americans really are bad tempered.[/QUOTE]

It is really this simple, we Americans tend to help people that are at the same time trying to help themselves (such as doing your homework as in reading common documentation just the same as most of us had to do). :wink:

If you will do this job [URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=67650#post67650[/URL] like the CS-Cart one for your customer, then no, thanks.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]If you will do this job [URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=67650#post67650[/URL] like the CS-Cart one for your customer, then no, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think he might have been joking in the other thread … well I presume so anyway!

Yep. I’m learning CS Cart and want to do a good job for the client.

[quote name=‘Lyn’]I think he might have been joking in the other thread … well I presume so anyway![/quote]

I doubt he was…

Nah I was joking. I’m british…give me a break haha

You will all learn to love me one day. I promise. xxxx

If this forum wouldn’t be the CS-Cart forum, I would tell you something…

I have no idea what you are going on about but ok fine. I agree to whatever it is just to get some peace :wink:

jbenitos,

I all seriousness I would strongly recommend paying for support and sending your questions that do not get answered to them. It might be an option that pays off for you.

Have you thought of hiring one of the developers that frequent the forums to help you finalize everything?

I think what you are seeing here is passionate people about CS-Cart struggling to see a reason to help you be successful when you aren’t trying to help CS-Cart be successful. In your posts you seem very rushed to find an answer instead of trying to get to understand the product.

I wish you the best of luck and I will try to help when possible help you find the answers to your questions instead of giving you the answers.

Adam

dddddddddddddd