Top Menu

I am looking to get some changes made to my main website… I would like just to add links (“Sex Toys”, “Lingerie”) to my top menu (where “Home”, “Catalog” etc. tabs are located) and when customer clicks on these links he will be redirected to different shopping cart. I have read other posts where people have done this, but i havent been able to find a post were it tells me exactly how to do it, Im guessing i just need instructions on how to do it that are more detailed… Any help would be fantastic…

[quote name=‘Caiged’]I am looking to get some changes made to my main website… I would like just to add links (“Sex Toys”, “Lingerie”) to my top menu (where “Home”, “Catalog” etc. tabs are located) and when customer clicks on these links he will be redirected to different shopping cart. I have read other posts where people have done this, but i havent been able to find a post were it tells me exactly how to do it, Im guessing i just need instructions on how to do it that are more detailed… Any help would be fantastic…[/QUOTE]

Go here [URL]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Hi Joe,

I went and tried that and it didnt work for me… but is says at the bottom

NOTE: This example is for the Basic skin. The code in the other skins is different.

Im using lite_blue skin.

In

skins/lite_blue/customer/top_menu.tpl

You should see:

{if $target == '' && $mode == ''}
{assign var="active" value="active"}
{else}
{assign var="active" value=""}
{/if}
{include file="buttons/top_menu_button.tpl" but_content="`$lang.home`"}

This is for the home button. If you want to add buttons you should just beable to copy this piece of code and just add the copy to the page.

Basically like:

{else}
{/if}
{include file="buttons/top_menu_button.tpl" but_content="`$lang.home`"}

{else}
{/if}
{include file="buttons/top_menu_button.tpl" but_content="`$lang.sex_toys`"}

For this example you would also need to add a language variable through your admin called sex_toys

Now I went a little different route. I didn’t need any new links, but I didn’t like the original buttons so I made my own button and changed the code to:

{else}
{/if}
Home

I hope this helps,

Brandon