Too many links error?

It has tried to put more files in a directory than the system will allow (the server). If you’re running 2.1.x, go into config.local.php and change the cache_backend config parameter to ‘sqlite’ instead of ‘file’. If your server does not support sqlite, then you will have to add sqlite3 as an extension to php. You will have to Google sqlite3 for info on how to install the extension in your particular environment or get your hosting provider to do it for you.

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1287867764' post='92711']

I just went on my site a minute ago and noticed this error:

I've never seen this error before and don't quite know why I am all of a sudden seeing it.

The error goes away after 10 seconds and as I navigate around my site I don't see it again. If I clear my browser cache, cookies, etc. I see the error again.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is coming up?

Thank you,

Brandon

[/quote]

Hello,

Have you solved the mkdir error? I am having the same problem on my server - I have a lot of products, filters, and this causes a big number of cache files. But I don't think that this is the problem as I have deleted all the contents from /var/cache and /var/compiled.

Could it be from the dynamic thumbnail/image creation?

I look forward to hearing from you, maybe your solution also works for me.

Thank you.

p.s. I've tried sqlite caching but it seems that the website is slower sometimes due to it. But, as I said above, I don't think that caching is the problem.

Same here. I have exactly the same error. Changing the caching method to SQLite makes site very slow.

Anybody resolved the problem?

It means that the underlying system (Linux/Unix/Windoz) is failing to create a file or directory because either you have exceeded your quota or the system limits have been reached. You should contact your host to find out why in your particular case.