Think Im about give up...

Tired of having to read 800 threads with little to no responses to fix issue after issue to try and get $300+ software to work…

The problem is that you began on a completely new version (3.0.x) which is riddled with bugs whereas those of us whom have been here for years are still on 2.2.5 or below. A majority of users using 3.0.x are new. With that said, the reason there are “little to no responses” is either because the new people don't have a clue and/or the seasoned veterans haven't even messed with 3.0.x to give you an answer one way or another.

If you wanted something easier to get up and running, you should have gone with 2.2.5.

[quote name='65fastback2+2' timestamp='1345985225' post='143661']

Tired of having to read 800 threads with little to no responses to fix issue after issue to try and get $300+ software to work…

[/quote]

noooooo… Dont jump,

Thanks for telling us that !.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1345988812' post='143663']

The problem is that you began on a completely new version (3.0.x) which is riddled with bugs whereas those of us whom have been here for years are still on 2.2.5 or below. A majority of users using 3.0.x are new. With that said, the reason there are “little to no responses” is either because the new people don't have a clue and/or the seasoned veterans haven't even messed with 3.0.x to give you an answer one way or another.

If you wanted something easier to get up and running, you should have gone with 2.2.5.

[/quote]

I didnt even know there was an option…cs-cart's site just lists features and editions…never saw a version mention anywhere.

that being said, how do I get 2.2.5 and get rid of whatever they call this junk i have now…3.0.2…

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1345988812' post='143663']

[/quote]

ok found the 2.2.5 download…will my license key still work?

Yep

cool. its about 50% uploaded now.

hope this makes it what the reviews said and pretty awesome.

was almost* switched to lemonstand.

Big mistake, stick with 3.02. I find it very stable. I have two stores using it now and in the middle of switching another to it.

The problem I see, and I am not saying this is your case, is people do not have the required skills to run cs-cart. A knowledge of Html, CSS, Smarty, PHP and MySQL is a huge plus in using cs-cart. At a minimum a strong knowledge of CSS is required. If you do not have these skills, no version will satisfy you.

Also, 3.02 uses a totally different Block Manager than the 2.x version. People are not taking the time to read the manual and learn how to use it. I find it very powerful and easy to use once one spends the time playing with it. Yes, it is totally different than the early versions of cs-cart, but this does not mean it is buggy, just different.

Just wanted to add the other side of the story.

Good luck,

David

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1346001066' post='143671']

Big mistake, stick with 3.02. I find it very stable. I have two stores using it now and in the middle of switching another to it.

The problem I see, and I am not saying this is your case, is people do not have the required skills to run cs-cart. A knowledge of Html, CSS, Smarty, PHP and MySQL is a huge plus in using cs-cart. At a minimum a strong knowledge of CSS is required. If you do not have these skills, no version will satisfy you.

Also, 3.02 uses a totally different Block Manager than the 2.x version. People are not taking the time to read the manual and learn how to use it. I find it very powerful and easy to use once one spends the time playing with it. Yes, it is totally different than the early versions of cs-cart, but this does not mean it is buggy, just different.

Just wanted to add the other side of the story.

Good luck,

David

[/quote]

If this is indeed the case and 2.2.5 is no different. Then I'll return it and be purchasing lemonstand. I just did the lemonstand demo, had it up, running, configured in about 30 minutes. I only had 1 issue that I had to work with but attributed it to the developer version and not the legit, paid version.

I cant write all those codes from scratch, but I do understand them basically. Shoot, I took the Cost Price mod that wasnt working and edited it to work.

But that was a mod and I was cool with that.

Setting up shipping or making product options (both supposedly built-in features) should NOT take modding rocket science to make it function.

Just my opinion there.

We'll see how 2.2.5 goes.

I didn’t say you need to modify any code to use 3.02, just a knowledge of how these technologies all work together.

On two live stores I have using 3.02 I didn’t modify one line of code. The only changes are in CSS for the layout and look.

Cs-cart does it all out of the box, but read the manual and knowledge base. Install a test site with the demo data and another test site with no demo data and learn from playing with both.

:)

[quote name=‘Triplets’ timestamp=‘1346001784’ post=‘143674’]

I didn’t say you need to modify any code to use 3.02, just a knowledge of how these technologies all work together.

On two live stores I have using 3.02 I didn’t modify one line of code. The only changes are in CSS for the layout and look.

Cs-cart does it all out of the box, but read the manual and knowledge base.

:)

[/quote]

well i dunno how you did it. I had to delete my products and categories, run a mysql fix and readd everything just to keep the product options from giving “execution_occurred” from happening when adding options.

I forgot to add a lot of problems are host related and not cs-cart. People are quick to blame cs-cart. Once again, not saying this is your case, but proper server configuration of apache and PHP are essential at the host end. Don't go cheap on a host, you will regret it.

The one site I am converting now has thousands of Options and Global Options, so far all are working fine. Only problem I have encountered is in the Product Configurator Add-on and cs-cart is working on resolving these bugs. But not many people use the Configurator Add-on.

Did you start from a clean, no demo data, install of cs-cart?

David

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1346002330' post='143676']

I forgot to add a lot of problems are host related and not cs-cart. People are quick to blame cs-cart. Once again, not saying this is your case, but proper server configuration of apache and PHP are essential at the host end. Don't go cheap on a host, you will regret it.

The one site I am converting now has thousands of Options and Global Options, so far all are working fine. Only problem I have encountered is in the Product Configurator Add-on and cs-cart is working on resolving these bugs. But not many people use the Configurator Add-on.

David

[/quote]

I thought that was my issue cuz I started using it on shared hosting. Moved it to a vps and the issues still existed. Maybe it needed a complete reinstall. Im not sure.

Just frustrated beyond get out because Ive been messing with this for 3 days now and I just need to get it up and functioning.

If you do a clean install, make sure you delete your database. Don't just install over it.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1346002692' post='143678']

If you do a clean install, make sure you delete your database. Don't just install over it.

[/quote]

Oh I deleted it ALL lol.

Im going to try 2.2.5 first since Im still ticked at 3.0.2

My live shops are also on 2.2x but if I were to start all over I’d definitely go with version 3. It’s already very good and will only get better.

All problems you mention shouldn’t be there and I agree with Triplets, this is probably a hosting thing, I’ve seen very weird things, also on sites that were moved from shared and then to vps. New install always fixed this.

Good luck :)

so 2.2.5 was even worse and looked like it was from 1999.

So I am going to try 3.0.2 fresh install once more.

The admin should look about the same. Are you sure you didn’t install 0.4? ;)

About looks: that’s why there are skins.

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1346007539’ post=‘143684’]

The admin should look about the same. Are you sure you didn’t install 0.4? ;)

About looks: that’s why there are skins.

[/quote]

the admin did look about the same.

went to add shipping options and clicked real time…no options populated in the drop down box below…so…Im not fighting shipping issues, I already tried that earlier.

alright, fresh install is up.

gonna run that options script first so i dont have that issue again, and then do the cost price line edit and try the rest again.