the speed when checkout

Hi,

Is anyone know how long (in second) it takes to process checkout from the time you press order button. until the order confirmation show up?

And how to speed this thing up?

Thanks

It's a function of how long it takes the CC process to respond. Without factoring in the CC processor, should be about 2 seconds for Cs-cart to create the order and do the housekeeping required. So anything beyond that is probably the CC processor's response time.

Remember that CC processors are like a stack. The cheaper they are, generally the higher they are in the stack and the more other processors (resellers) you have to go through. In the US, almost all CC transactions are ultimately handled by First Data Corp. So if your processor/bank has a direct connection to First Data then they will probably process the fastest. If your provider is 6 levels up, then your transaction has to navigate through the food chain.

Hi tbrnseth,

Thank you for your reply, I don't use any CC, all my payment are offline (wire transfer) But I still waiting so long. Is there any switch to disabled the CC process? My response is taking around 5-6sec from the moment I click order till order is done. Thank you once again…

Hello dsc81,

Thank you for your message.

I suggest that you should clear the template cache. In order to do it, open this link in your browser: http://www.your_doma…om/admin.php?cc where www.your_domain.com is the address of your store, and where admin.php is a script file for the administration panel of your store, which was renamed for security reasons.

Also, if the Google analytics add-on is used in your store, you can also try disabling it for a while and see if it helps you.

Please check these recommendations.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Pavel,

Already clean the cache and no luck. still very slow. any other suggestion?

Thanks

Hello dsc81,

Thank you for your message.

In this case the problem requires examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I also have this problem, did we find a fix for it?

What version are you running? What are you symptoms? Is there a particular step where the slowdown occurs? Any other details? This is a 4 year old thread.

I also have this problem, did we find a fix for it?

As far as I remember, similar issue was related with emails sending. Try to replace method of sending e-mails from php function to smtp or vice versa