The Proper Way To Migrate Cs-Cart From One Server To Another

I've changed the permissions to be as suggested (777) and I also cleared the cache manually,

but i still get the same error..

Did you check with your hosting to ensure that ownerships (owner/group) are correct and as to what permissions you should be using? Be sure that your config.local.php file file/dir permission setting matches what you should be using.

You can rename or delete the var/cache directory and CS-Cart will create it anew

You can rename or delete the var/cache directory and CS-Cart will create it anew

Delete only the CONTENT of /your/path/var/cache/ DO NOT delete the whole folder of 'cache' not needed! Just delete what resides inside it.

As for the overall issue, why no server / cs cart logs to pin the issue in one post instead of people 'Guessing' the issue?

Delete only the CONTENT of /your/path/var/cache/ DO NOT delete the whole folder of 'cache' not needed! Just delete what resides inside it.

Your reasons for this restriction? On customer sites that have ownership/permission issues, we rename var/cache to var/Xcache all the time to get the full cache to rebuilt.

The registry build is a one-shot and template caches are rebuilt on demand. Same with static data like css.

Your reasons for this restriction? On customer sites that have ownership/permission issues, we rename var/cache to var/Xcache all the time to get the full cache to rebuilt.

The registry build is a one-shot and template caches are rebuilt on demand. Same with static data like css.

Why bother deleting the folder, just the content is fine as well. Not suggesting it's a form of restriction.

Why bother deleting the folder, just the content is fine as well.

Lazy! :-)

Easier to rename one directory than 5 sub-directories to achieve the same result. It's also more obvious at the higher level.