The Jump to 2.1

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Mostly everyone has no problems upgrading…but I usually have plenty

Why would I get this error ?[/COLOR]

Unknown column ‘cscart_common_descriptions.object_table’ in ‘on clause’ (1054)

Invalid query: SELECT cscart_quick_menu.*, cscart_common_descriptions.description AS name FROM cscart_quick_menu LEFT JOIN cscart_common_descriptions ON cscart_common_descriptions.object_id = cscart_quick_menu.menu_id AND cscart_common_descriptions.object_table = ‘quick_menu’ AND cscart_common_descriptions.lang_code = ‘EN’ WHERE cscart_quick_menu.user_id = 1 ORDER BY cscart_quick_menu.parent_id, cscart_quick_menu.position

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backtrace: File: /home/affyours/public_html/core/fn.database.php

Line: 310

Function: db_error

File: /home/affyours/public_html/core/fn.database.php

Line: 37

Function: db_query

File: /home/affyours/public_html/core/fn.common.php

Line: 1024

Function: db_get_array

File: /home/affyours/public_html/controllers/admin/init.php

Line: 235

Function: fn_get_quick_menu_data

File: /home/affyours/public_html/core/fn.control.php

Line: 530

Function: include

File: /home/affyours/public_html/core/fn.control.php

Line: 393

Function: fn_run_controller

File: /home/affyours/public_html/admin1957.php

Line: 27

Function: fn_dispatch

The query that you are sending is invalid, therefore it cannot process it. Basically the database you have isn’t identical to what CS-Cart expects, therefore it cannot continue.

J.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]The query that you are sending is invalid, therefore it cannot process it. Basically the database you have isn’t identical to what CS-Cart expects, therefore it cannot continue.

J.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]This came up during the installation. I can’t get into admin. What can I do ?[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][COLOR=DarkOrchid]This came up during the installation. I can’t get into admin. What can I do ?[/COLOR][/quote]

contact CS-Cart to get it repaired

contact your webhost to restore a backup

contact me to fix it - if it were simple I would have posted it.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]contact CS-Cart to get it repaired

contact your webhost to restore a backup

contact me to fix it - if it were simple I would have posted it.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Thanks Jesse :slight_smile:

My site host did restore a backup, so at least I am back in business. But since these tables are missing, who do I contact ? I know there were 2 upgrades that came out the same day, more than likely the 2nd one fixes problems with the first, but how do I get either of them installed if there are pieces of the puzzle missing ?

[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Thanks Jesse :slight_smile:

My site host did restore a backup, so at least I am back in business. But since these tables are missing, who do I contact ? I know there were 2 upgrades that came out the same day, more than likely the 2nd one fixes problems with the first, but how do I get either of them installed if there are pieces of the puzzle missing ?

[/COLOR][/quote]

The upgrade script(s) for 1.3.5sp4 to 2.0.8 unfortunately does not work flawlessly, accordingly sometimes tables are upgraded/dropped/added without reviewing the database structure.

Basically, you originally had ‘A’ + ‘B’ + ‘C’ = ‘D’ and I told you to remove ‘A’ + ‘B’ the result would be ‘C’ = ‘D’ which would be incorrect (sum of its parts).

The same example can be applied to your database tables, prior to the upgrade or soon after your first, the table structure was not in sync. There’s ya problem :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]The upgrade script(s) for 1.3.5sp4 to 2.0.8 unfortunately does not work flawlessly, accordingly sometimes tables are upgraded/dropped/added without reviewing the database structure.

Basically, you originally had ‘A’ + ‘B’ + ‘C’ = ‘D’ and I told you to remove ‘A’ + ‘B’ the result would be ‘C’ = ‘D’ which would be incorrect (sum of its parts).

The same example can be applied to your database tables, prior to the upgrade or soon after your first, the table structure was not in sync. There’s ya problem :)[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”][SIZE=“2”]Curious as to why it happens to some and not others ?

[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=2]Curious as to why it happens to some and not others ?

[/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/quote]

1. Server
  2. Previous Upgrades
  3. Mods (Installed or Otherwise!)
  4. User Error
  5. Corrupted Database Tables.
  6. PHP / Memory Limits
  7. Type of SQL engine.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]1) Server

2) Previous Upgrades

3) Mods (Installed or Otherwise!)

4) User Error

5) Corrupted Database Tables.

6) PHP / Memory Limits

7) Type of SQL engine.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”][SIZE=“2”]There are no mods, so it must be some other item in the list. If my site host isn’t able to corner the problem, then I have to have someone here or CS-Cart check it out I am sure… Thanks for letting me know…

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]The query that you are sending is invalid, therefore it cannot process it. Basically the database you have isn’t identical to what CS-Cart expects, therefore it cannot continue.

J.[/QUOTE]

well I’m running Apache 2.2.16, mySQL 5.0.91 and PHP 5.2.11, in fact all the requirements are met … and I get the same kind of errors errors!

Backtrace:

File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cart_demo/core/fn.database.php

File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cart_demo/install/core/install.php

Line: 585

Line: 377

Function: fn_parse_sql

File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cart_demo/install/index.php

Line: 29

Function: include … here must be more too!

Pity really, after down/uploading 22MB :?: am wondering if I shouldnt just go with Tomato Cart - osCommerce 3 fork but with an AWESOME admin area and its OPEN SOURCE!

I cant see myself paying for software I have to fix up first before I can use it!!

[quote name=‘mommaroodles’]well I’m running Apache 2.2.16, mySQL 5.0.91 and PHP 5.2.11, in fact all the requirements are met … and I get the same kind of errors errors!

Backtrace:

File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cart_demo/core/fn.database.php

Line: 585

Line: 377

Function: fn_parse_sql

File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cart_demo/install/index.php

Line: 29

Function: include … here must be more too!

Pity really, after down/uploading 22MB :?: am wondering if I shouldnt just go with Tomato Cart - osCommerce 3 fork but with an AWESOME admin area and its OPEN SOURCE!

I cant see myself paying for software I have to fix up first before I can use it!![/QUOTE]

No need to “fix up” the software on a clean install. May need to “fix up” the user though.? :stuck_out_tongue:

What the xxxxx is a Tomater Cart ?:roll:

And who would do that… ?

I never got my CS cart to upgrade to 2.1. I gave up finally because it didn’t want to ever work. I got pretty much the same issues. The upgrade would finish and the site wouldn’t work b/c the database would be corrupt.