Terms and conditions page

Hello all,

I am a bit lost. I can put a mark in front of the Ask customers to agree with terms & conditions during checkout under Adminstration / Settings.

However I can´t seem to find where I can place the text of my Terms and Conditions. I did find this article [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation but I can´t believe that the folks at cscart would add an option where customers can agree with the T and C but not have somehwere to place these T and C.

What am I overlooking

Regards,

Martin

the giveaway is here dude

In the root directory of your CS-Cart installation, create the terms.html file with the following content, where TEXT is your text for the Terms and conditions page.

Terms and conditions

TEXT

Close

Effectively open up notepad.exe place the above code in it and change the bit above that says "TEXT" with your own T's and C's. Save the document as terms.html then upload it via FTP to the root "/" of your cs-cart installation.

There is a lot easier way to do this.

Just create a new page with your terms and conditions in admin => Content => Pages

Then go to admin => Content => languages

Search for

checkout_terms_n_conditions

Change the value to

Selecting this check box to accept the Terms and Conditions.

Save

Clear your cache.

You are done

A lot easier than creating hooks or other files.

Hope that helps,

Brandon

Does in either of your examples have the Terms and Conditions a link to the page? How does this work?

The customer sees the Terms and Conditions option in the checkout but before agreeing wants to read it. Is the text linked to the page, does a popup appear when clicked?

Yes it does just tray what brandon said above, when a customer clicks the tex it opens anew window with your t&cs in it

1 Thing though, brandon had a typo “taget” should be “target” or it wont work.

Also make sure the correct path is to your t&c link.

just try it it takes 1 minute.

John

John,

Thanks for pointing out my Typo. I fixed it in my post.

I either can’t spell or my keyboard needs to be cleaned.

Brandon

HI!

I am more lost and more of a novice then I would like to admit. I have CS CART 2.2 professional and all I want to do is change the Terms and Conditions (at this point I can't even see what my terms and conditions are) for my site. Although all of the posts so far may be helpful, I don't know where my “root” directory is, I just want to know how I can change the terms and conditions using the current admin control panel. Is there a simple way of doing this? I am not tech savvy enough to go into files on a server and insert code. Just want an easy way to amend the terms and conditions. Thanks.

Your terms and conditions are created by you and added in admin>content pages, add a page. Here you can then either type in or paste in your own terms and conditions and decide where on your site you would like them displayed.

There are also some instructions to add to checkout here [url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

John

Thanks for the reply. Here is the problem I face, you say to to Admin then select content pages and add a page. I don't have that selection. In Admin, when I go to the Administration link, the drop down menu does not have a selection for “Content pages”. I know I probably sound really dumb, but I don't see where you are referring to. When I click on Administration, my selections are: Add ons, Statistics, payment method, Databases, credit cards, titles, currencies, import data, export data, Logs, upgrade center, store access, languages or webmail. Where is “content pages”? I may just be a nube but I just don't understand the directions. Can you help me with this? Thanks in advance and sorry for sounding really really stupid.

Well although all the above ideas are great, I prefer a very nice and free addon from 1clue.com called Term and Conditions ([url=“http://1clue.com/terms-and-conditions.html”]http://1clue.com/terms-and-conditions.html[/url]) where you can place your conditions right above the agry checkbox in the checkout page, in a nice scroll box for the customer to read right before he agrees with that.

I think its great that he doesnt have to leave the page inorder to read them and maybe forget-loose-close the chekout window.

Have a try.

[quote name='cdecrist' timestamp='1329256047' post='131256']

Thanks for the reply. Here is the problem I face, you say to to Admin then select content pages and add a page. I don't have that selection. In Admin, when I go to the Administration link, the drop down menu does not have a selection for “Content pages”. I know I probably sound really dumb, but I don't see where you are referring to. When I click on Administration, my selections are: Add ons, Statistics, payment method, Databases, credit cards, titles, currencies, import data, export data, Logs, upgrade center, store access, languages or webmail. Where is “content pages”? I may just be a nube but I just don't understand the directions. Can you help me with this? Thanks in advance and sorry for sounding really really stupid.

[/quote]

Check under Website>content you will find it there.

John

Ahh. Ok, Got it. I just needed step by step directions to get to the proper place in the Admin panel. I added a tab across the top with “Terms and Conditions” and created the language and inserted it.

Thanks again!!

NO worries, thats why its a forum, Im sure you will answer someones question about that in the future.

John