Template Hooks are Deleted when Uninstalling a custom addon

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Hi there, [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I am able to create a custom addon with no problems. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]For the addon that I created, I also have some template hooks that I want it to activate. So I created the appropriate folder under the admin/addons directory. In this example, my addon is called tab_categories.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]However when I uninstall the addon, it will delete the 'tab_categories' folder from underneat the relevant admin/addons folder. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Is this typical behaviour? If so, should I be specifying my template hooks in another fashion? Maybe as part of the addon itself so they are copied upon installation and deleted upon uninstall?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Thanks for your help - much appreciated[/size][/font][/color]

You need to put your skin addon folder by following the var folder pattern.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I thought it would be something like that… what is the var folder pattern?

My addon is called 'tab_categories' and stored in the folder:[list]

[]addons/tab_categories/

[/list]

The hooks that are getting deleted are currently stored at:[list]

[
]skins/basic/admin/addons/tab_categories/hooks/tabs

[/list]

Do I need to create the hooks/tabs folder under the folder where my addon is defined? I tried that but didn't have any luck. There are no problems with the addon, works fine, I think I just need to figure out what folder structure it is expecting.

Cheers

Its ok, all sorted - found the info I need - thanks…

Although, wouldn't it make more sense to keep the files to be copied in the same folder where addon.xml sits? It would seem more like an addon if this was the case, rather than keeping track of what files are where.

For example, some addons might not have template hooks for the admin area whereas other addons might have.

I'm having the same problem. I would be interested to know how you were able to resolve this issue.