Template Compatability with V2.1.4

I am trying to install a commercial theme which I know works with previous V2 install, however with the latest version I am getting error messages such as this.

```php Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “/top.tpl” in /home/willmott/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

```

Any ideas of a solution?

Well it really depends on what V2 install you are talking about. There have been a ton of V2 versions and it’s kind of hard to guess which one you are talking about.

I think you will find that any template made before version 2.1.3 will probably not be compatible with the current version. I think it was actually 2.1.1 that made the big URL change, so anything prior to that, definitely won’t work.

If this is a commercial skin, have you contacted them for support?

Thanks,

Brandon

The skin was from cscart skins and I have contacted them for an updated version.

However if there is a problem is there a guide on conversion of the cs-csrt skins from previous V2’s to the latest.

Thanks

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Well it really depends on what V2 install you are talking about. There have been a ton of V2 versions and it’s kind of hard to guess which one you are talking about.

I think you will find that any template made before version 2.1.3 will probably not be compatible with the current version. I think it was actually 2.1.1 that made the big URL change, so anything prior to that, definitely won’t work.

If this is a commercial skin, have you contacted them for support?

Thanks,

Brandon[/QUOTE]