Tax help needed 4.0.3

Hope someone can help using 4.0.3

My store located in Florida 6% tax rate:

• If their billing is Florida resident I must charge 6%
  • If they ship to Florida I must charge 6%

Conflict:

If customer resides in Florida and also ships to Florida I'm getting 2 line items on the taxes adding to 12%.

If the customer resides in Florida and ships to Florida they should only be taxed only once at 6%

Anyone know how I can set this up.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Bump any help on this please. I have submitted a ticket to help desk but have not heard back from them yet. Does anyone think I can accomplish this or do I need a module or special programming and hire someone?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Can you not just set the tax to “shipping to Florida”? If a Florida resident buys something from outside the state, they shouldn't have to pay state tax right?

if the product is coming INTO Florida, you can charge the tax component at that point. (any order shipping to a Florida address)

Thanks for reply. I can set shipping fine, but by Florida law if the Billing address is also in Florida i must charge the 6% tax. What I did was create 2 items 1 for billing and 1 for shipping, but if the person resides in Florida and ships to Florida Cs cart shows the taxes 2 times. So customer will be taxed twice for 1 item. I know bigcommerce has an option tax based on store location. i believe the CS cart should also adapt this as tax laws are getting more complex. I was thinking maybe someone in same situation and could guide on how to set this up. thank you again.

No worries, i know what you mean. Perhaps you need to contact a third-party developer to rewrite the tax calculation? (CScart Rocks, Alt-Team, First Dev, Seonid, to name a few)

Having said that, there could be a simple option in CS Cart that Im missing… here in Australia, we simply set the tax rate to the entire country.

Hi

You might be able to set up a promotion, where billing zip/state and delivery zip/state both equal Florida, if both the same apply a percentage discount equal to 6% of total. ie $100 + 6% + 6% = $112.36 - 5.66% = $106.00

Hope you can do this!

Barry

Thank you guys for your help.

I have tried the promotion as per Barry but didn't work.

I sent an emails to the 3rd party list Scott sent me and see what kind of quote I can get this to be done.

Thanks again.

[quote name='goia007' timestamp='1385911429' post='172669']

Thank you guys for your help.

I have tried the promotion as per Barry but didn't work.

[/quote]

Don't give up too quickly with the promotion thing, sometimes it takes several goes to get it right.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Can you guide on how to have this set up. I have tried various options and can't seem to have it show up.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

tks

Hi

Have spent a little while looking at this and I can't actually see a way to do it.

The default range is too small (Only Shipping State Available) and can't get any fields to cross reference shipping and billing.

Sorry

Barry

Thanks Barry,

I came to the same conclusion as you did.

thank you again.

To close this topic. I called my state taxes dept of revenue and they confirmed that I only need to charge taxes if items shipping to Florida. I came across this old post (see below) and on the last post from GooRoo I was successful creating this in 4.0.3. The only thing is the cumbersome counties in Florida and adding all the zip codes. I did a search on the web for zip code database and many links came up.

So I’m happy that I can achieve what was needed with CS Cart. Thanks always to everyone on this forum as everyone is a great help.

[quote name='goia007' timestamp='1386191080' post='172922']

To close this topic. I called my state taxes dept of revenue and they confirmed that I only need to charge taxes if items shipping to Florida.

[/quote]

I thought that was the case. For example, I've bought things from California, and had it shipped to Arizona and paid no tax. GLad to hear it worked out for you!