Tabbed product details mod

I have a total of 6 tabs, but when ever I click to view an item the first tab it display the tabs randomly. I want it to alway display description when customer view the item. How can I do this?

Also why it work fine in Firefox, but the tab got cutoff in Internet Explorer see the picture

thanks

cutoff.JPG

Hi taydu

I have updated the code a little, adding bits i missed, but it is perfect in IE.

[quote name=‘zardos’]Hi taydu

I have updated the code a little, adding bits i missed, but it is perfect in IE.

[URL=“http://www.megapcs4u.co.uk/mess/index.php?target=products&product_id=1553”]http://www.megapcs4u.co.uk/mess/index.php?target=products&product_id=1553[/URL]

This web page is for testing only.[/QUOTE]

Thank Zardos,

Did you set a width limited on that page? I set the width limit on my page, some reason it work fine in FF but not IE :(.

Second am I missing some code? How come when i view an Item the tab that it get to display first is “user review” is there a way to change the first display tab when viewing the item?

Hi taydu

No width settings have been changed and the tables will appear in the order that you set them ie: 123456 or 36152 all you do is switch them around.

thanks zardos,

Humm i have it in the order that I wanted it to display but weird. let me double check just to make sure.

thanks

this is the code that i use, but send to friend alway display first don’t know why

[HTML]

{if $settings.Modules.related_products == 'Y'}
{$product.full_description|default:$product.short_description}
{/if}

{if $settings.Modules.customers_also_bought == 'Y'}
{include file="products_pages/additional_images.tpl" product=$product show_detailed_link="Y"}
{/if}

{if $product.image_pairs}
{include file="addons/customers_also_bought/product_details.tpl"}
{/if}

{if $settings.Modules.product_reviews == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/related_products/customer_product_details.tpl"}
{/if}

{if $settings.Modules.product_reviews == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/product_reviews/product_details.tpl"}
{/if}

{if $settings.Modules.send_to_friend == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/send_to_friend/send_to_friend.tpl" notes_data=$product.product}
{/if}

[/HTML]

Ok this is wrong.

```php

• Product detail

• ```

Each rel="[COLOR="Red"]tcontent[/COLOR]" has a number rel="[COLOR="Red"]tcontent1[/COLOR]" this line will execute your related products below, you have to make sure the number of the module you wish to execute first or last matches the number in the above line

```php

{if $settings.Modules.related_products == 'Y'}
    {$product.full_description|default:$product.short_description}
    {/if}

```

Hope that helps

Still looking at your stats.tpl

Zardos first thank you very much for help me.

I don’t think I explain it very well so you might misunderstood. I got all my tab layout the order that I wanted it.

O let say i have 6 tabs

tab1, tab2 tab3, tab4, tab5, tab6

What I wanted is every time someone view the product tab1 will always display it content first.

For example if i’m view ProductA and have tab 6 selected, when I view productF it, the information in tab6 will show first. And if I have view tab 3, when I go to productZ the information in tab3 will display first.

I do no want that I want the information in tab1 will alway display first.

Please take a look at monoprice [url]Monoprice Cat5e Ethernet Patch Cable - Snagless RJ45, Stranded, 350MHz, UTP, Pure Bare Copper Wire, 24AWG, 1ft, Blue - Monoprice.com

when you view a product, the description tab will alway be the first one to show.

I hope I explain it clear

Thank so much Zardos

Hi taydu

It is called persistence. and is already turned on in the java script, it works via cookies.

var enabletabpersistence=1 //enable tab persistence via session only cookies, so selected tab is remembered?

function saveselectedtabcontentid(ulid, selectedtabid){ //set id of clicked on tab as selected tab id & enter into cookie
    if (enabletabpersistence==1) //if persistence feature turned on
    setCookie(ulid, selectedtabid)
    }

Try choosing a product then click a tab, go to another place on your site look at procuct, then go back to your first product, you will see that the tab is still open.

:oops: I mess up again, I didn’t explain it clearly and you misunderstood again.

I do not want it to be persistant. All I want to do it when the buyer view the product, the first tab that they need to be see is “Description” nothing else, even if they choose other tab, go look at other product, and come back to look at it again it still show the “Description” tab first. Even for new visitor when they view any product the first tab that they need to be display in the product is “Description”

If you go to www.monoprice.com and click a few product you will see what i’m talking about. The Description tab will alway display first when the cusomer view the product, no matter if the visitor is new or coming back. Even when you click on the “Large image” tab, then go to another product and come back the description tab will also disply.

I hope I don’t mess up again. thank you very much for helping Zardos

Hi taydu

Ok got it this time, need more sleep, I will have a look and see if it can be done with these tabs.

that would be great, thanks

zardos something like this may be???

[url]http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/contenttabs.shtml[/url]

Zados I got it to work, thank to the guys at Dynamic drive

to make a default tab add this code.

```php

• ```

so it should look like this

```php
  • Description

• More images

• Cutomers also bought

• ```

Then go into the tabs.js file and find this

```php var enabletabpersistence=1 ```

change it to 0 so it should be like

```php var enabletabpersistence=0 ```

Hi taydu

Nice one taydu, i knew you could do it, now try the IP mod:rolleyes:

I’ll try your IP Log and post back, I really need that baby.

Zardos, are you planning on adding some more feature such as, display log by day, week, month and so on??? That would be nice

zardos,

how do you make the selected tab have a different color than the unselected tab?

like here

[url]Products no longer Available

I mean for discassion module.

Hi dominos_2004

Take a look at this dominos_2004

[U][url]http://www.megapcs4u.co.uk/megapcs/intel-pentium-4-641-3-2ghz-800-mhz-socket-775-p29755.html[/url][/U]

Discussion is reviews.

[quote name=‘zardos’]Hi dominos_2004

Take a look at this dominos_2004

[url]http://www.megapcs4u.co.uk/cscartnew/nec-multisync-lcd1915x-19-p899.html[/url]

Discussion is reviews.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at this, what we can do with “if” statement http:index.html?target=products&product_id=899

Just click next, next, next

Cool, is it?