Syncing data from live store

Hi all, I'm soon to upgrade our store from version 2.2.4 to version 3x. I understand i need to run the store importer, but after doing that, I might spend a month or more tweaking the v3 install before going live.

So… when I DO want to go live with the v3 store (and abandon 2.2.4) is there a way to resync the data, and import all customers and orders that have occured since the initial store import?

Thanks,

Scott.

Simple answer: No

Long and detailed answer: Yes

When going through the upgrade, you'll need to save different stages of the database upgrade.

Blocks & such can be exported to SQL file and reimported post upgrade.

Long story short, you'll need a developer to do this for you - there is a lot of magic that needs to be wielded in order to accomplish what you desire, but it IS possible - just not cheap…

Thanks Jesse, I thought that might be the case. I'm not concerned about the design elements as I'll recreate the blocks, css etc for V3. I'm mainly worried about the loss of data between the initial import, and the night I go live with the new version.

Cheers,

Scott.

If it's just orders that you are concerned about, it's easiest to do the following;

Where Store A = Live; Store B = Upgrade

Review Store A's last order ID

Close Store A.

Run Upgrade or otherwise open Store B.

Input the initial order ID to be Store A +1

Save.

This way you can reimport orders missed from the point that Store A was cloned/upgraded into Store B.

You need only recreate these orders by inputting dummy data via mySQL in Store B and then editing with the True information (just the order place via admin, and save) to reproduce. Orders are the only thing important where incremental IDs are concerned.

Thanks Jesse.

Jesse,

Is there anyone on the forum that you would recommend to help expedite the upgrade process from 2.x to 3.x? I've been testing the upgrade on a new server and one of the things the store import didn't bring over was shipments. Someone who's familiar with all the little gotchas when doing this big upgrade, and the move to a new host, would be very helpful. Thanks.

Andrew

[quote name='asmith' timestamp='1363727488' post='158194']

Jesse,

Is there anyone on the forum that you would recommend to help expedite the upgrade process from 2.x to 3.x? I've been testing the upgrade on a new server and one of the things the store import didn't bring over was shipments. Someone who's familiar with all the little gotchas when doing this big upgrade, and the move to a new host, would be very helpful. Thanks.

Andrew

[/quote]

BrandonVD - He's fluent in both upgrades and glitches when it comes to upgrades. If need be Brandon & I discuss via Skype to resolve issues, I'll admit less frequently so I would assume he knows more than I do these days.

If Brandon is too busy, I will try to fit you in.