suppliers and shipment

Hello :slight_smile:

I use suppliers functions (80 suppliers) but all the items are shiped from our store…The question i have is very simple: Is there a way to “cut off” suppliers from shipment methods?

The problem is that if i dont have shipment method in supllier i get the : "no shipment method " in the cart

Is there anyway to bypass that??

Thank you

George

I think if you disable the supplier functionality this stops the message.

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]I think if you disable the supplier functionality this stops the message.

John[/QUOTE]

Thanks, It does but if i disable the suppliers then something magic happens…all the products are gone…!!

i only see the products in the admin area…

help please…:slight_smile:

Why are you using suppliers if you ship everything from inventory? As I understand it, “supplier” should equate to “drop shipper”…

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Why are you using suppliers if you ship everything from inventory? As I understand it, “supplier” should equate to “drop shipper”…[/QUOTE]

Hi

We used OSCOMMERCE since 2004…we wanted to switch to cs cart so we made import from oscommerce to cs cart…Among with products ,categories,images ,clients we also imported aour suppliers from oscommerce because we were using that in oscommerce…Many customers do search based on the supplier- manufacturer of the product…

Now the problem is that even if i want to manually add all the suppliers into manufacturers (using features in products for cs-cart ) i cant because if i switch of suppliers i dont have products in the front end of the shop…:frowning:

meanwhile with suppliers i dont have shipment…its a mess…:frowning:

Any ideas please…

Thanks

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Why are you using suppliers if you ship everything from inventory? As I understand it, “supplier” should equate to “drop shipper”…[/QUOTE]

Hi

We used OSCOMMERCE since 2004…we wanted to switch to cs cart so we made import from oscommerce to cs cart…Among with products ,categories,images ,clients we also imported our suppliers from oscommerce because we were using that in oscommerce…Many customers do search based on the supplier- manufacturer of the product…

Now the problem is that even if i want to manually add all the suppliers into manufacturers (using features in products for cs-cart ) i cant because if i switch of suppliers i dont have products in the front end of the shop…:frowning:

meanwhile with suppliers i dont have shipment…its a mess…:frowning:

Any ideas please…

Thanks

yep, you have a mess… Woulld have been better to set Manufacturers instead. Can you do a product export and then fix things up and then re-import? I don’t use suppliers in the front-end because my back-end does all that.

Only other suggestion would be to attack the database directly by setting the supplier_id = 0 in your cscart_products table. BACKUP THE DB BEFORE TRYING THIS.

You could then start applying Manufacturers as product features.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]yep, you have a mess… Woulld have been better to set Manufacturers instead. Can you do a product export and then fix things up and then re-import? I don’t use suppliers in the front-end because my back-end does all that.

Only other suggestion would be to attack the database directly by setting the supplier_id = 0 in your cscart_products table. BACKUP THE DB BEFORE TRYING THIS.

You could then start applying Manufacturers as product features.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply.:slight_smile:

I want to set up manufacturers but i have this magic problem when i set off the suppliers.The products are gone then from the front-end.

would this Dbase attack solve that?

Thank you

It would be an experiment. A supplier_id==0 should mean “no supplier, I ship this from my inventory”… Try it, what do you have to loose?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]It would be an experiment. A supplier_id==0 should mean “no supplier, I ship this from my inventory”… Try it, what do you have to loose?[/QUOTE]

Hi

i was looking the structure of the cscart_products table and i cant find supplier_id,

The version i have is 2.1.2

Looks like in 2.1 they are now using company_id to track suppliers (though this will be different when they go to multi-company - doesn’t make sense). But that’s what it looks like the code is looking at.

For 2.0, they use supplier_id.

I tried again to de-activate suppliers…Same thing happens…

All products are gone from store front end…while i can see them in the admin …

any ideas please.???

I think I have lost a bit of track on this thread but by exporting the products disabling the supplier function, then re importing but import without the products being attached to a supplier then this should do it shouldnt it?.

I had the same thing a month back and this is what sorted it.

John