Suggestions For Responsive Layout With Many Categories..

How is everyone laying out their responsive themes. Those mainly with hundreds of categories going down the left column. Seems to be difficult with the responsive themes. Since you will just have a huge list of categories. when using a phone or tablet… Can anyone post some examples…

We are looking at migrating over to a responsive theme when 4.3.1 comes out…

As you can see from out site https://www.carstickersdecals.com we have a huge list of categories…

Please advise and or give suggestions…

Thanks for all the input.

Hi ,

You can check out add-on Categories Block which will offer a responsive

I hope that helps,

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

You can also use our Additional block settings module to disable this block for the mobile devices.

Hi

I would suggest you to tidy up your categories in a more general main category level with not so many categories. Your problem is not only the mobile look. Not many customers will roll down to all these categories. Its too noisy and the visitor is not possible to remember if he saw a category somewhere in there,

After you do that you can use our Amazon mega menu Amazon Mega Menu for CS-Cart - CS-Cart Addons/Πρόσθετα at Cscart.Biz | CS-Cart Market by Dvs.gr which is inspired from Amazon a store with thousands of categories taht works fine for them.

Fotis

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1421791439' post='203055']

Hi

I would suggest you to tidy up your categories in a more general main category level with not so many categories. Your problem is not only the mobile look. Not many customers will roll down to all these categories. Its too noisy and the visitor is not possible to remember if he saw a category somewhere in there,

After you do that you can use our Amazon mega menu http://www.cscart.bi…or-cs-cart.html which is inspired from Amazon a store with thousands of categories taht works fine for them.

Fotis

[/quote]

Fotis, Do you have this addon working with 4.3.1 yet… We are getting ready to upgrade and also wanting to get this addon…

Do you have a demo working with this and responsive… ??

Hi

we are testing all our Addons with latest version, so we will be soon ready with updates when needed.

We will announce this on each product page so please stay tuned.

Fotis