Submenu pages not showing up after upgrade

Another upgrade victim…

After upgraded I can only view sub-pages in my site manually by using the preview link (http://url_name.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=20)

Top level pages are showing up fine with the seo link name but secondary and third tier pages aren’t showing up at all.

I only had two files with local modifications during upgrade…both style sheets so this isn’t the problem.

Using the preview url in the top menu hasn’t solved the problem for submenu items.

Thanks in advance for any help! :slight_smile:

I’m still having problems with the sub menu page links not working. Anyone else having the same problem?

hi

my site is getting a 404 error for pages other than the main page when the seo addon is enabled!

i have checked:

mod_rewrite is installed on apache.

RewriteEngine On is the first line in my .htaccess file.

i have clicked the “clean up the catalog” as per the edit for the seo addon.

why doesn’t the seo addon work?

thanks

That’s because they completely broke SEO. The solution from the helpdesk is not to use sub-pages (hierarchial pages)!

Yes, it is the bug in your CS-Cart version. To fix it you should do the following:

1. Open the “func.php” file located in the “addons/seo” directory of your CS-Cart installation.
  2. Replace the following part of code:

$result = fn_seo_validate_parents($path, $id_path, ‘c’, true);

with this one:

$result = fn_seo_validate_parents($path, $id_path, ‘a’, true);

3. Save the file.

Please check it.

works perfectly for me. Just make sure you only adjust the section under “a”. There are two lines of code above the one that needs to be changed that is similar.

[quote name=‘malinky’]Another upgrade victim…

After upgraded I can only view sub-pages in my site manually by using the preview link (http://url_name.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=20)

Top level pages are showing up fine with the seo link name but secondary and third tier pages aren’t showing up at all.

I only had two files with local modifications during upgrade…both style sheets so this isn’t the problem.

Using the preview url in the top menu hasn’t solved the problem for submenu items.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)[/QUOTE]

I’m having the same problem. Do we have a fix yet?

You need to use the full SEO name. I.e. for a page layout of:

Parent
Child1
Sibling1
Child2

To see Child2 from a link it would be /Parent/Sibling1/Child2.html

For Child1 it would be: /Parent/Child1.html

Hope that is clear. As I said, they changed the functionality in the core. That is why you didn’t see any conflicts. But then they don’t understand why this type of change is a problem…

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]You need to use the full SEO name. I.e. for a page layout of:

Parent
Child1
Sibling1
Child2

To see Child2 from a link it would be /Parent/Sibling1/Child2.html

For Child1 it would be: /Parent/Child1.html

Hope that is clear. As I said, they changed the functionality in the core. That is why you didn’t see any conflicts. But then they don’t understand why this type of change is a problem…[/QUOTE]

It looks like this is a solution where the seo addon is being used. Is this correct? I, unfortunately, am not currently using seo addon.

However, after the last upgrade I lost a drop down submenu from a top menu tab. I have followed everything in the users guide and KB and can find no problems with my settings. I have tried deleting the original and regenerating it with no success. I have also tried every other combination that I can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a similar issue on 2.06. I have a “How-To” section on the Home page with sub-pages on different topics. I had to modify these two lines to get the subpages to work:

$result = fn_seo_validate_parents($path, $id_path, ‘a’);

$result = fn_seo_validate_parents($path, $id_path, ‘a’, true);

Abe