stretch image html code

i need to stretch an image across the top of my page. whats the code to stretch an image?

Heres the content of the image im trying to stretch

.header-helper-container {

background: url(images/header-1archive.jpg) no-repeat center top;

padding: 0px;

If your image is not sized approximately to what you want and/or the aspect ration is not the same, your image is going to look odd unless you let the height “float” by not specifying the height of the image and letter the browser maintain the aspect ratio.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]If your image is not sized approximately to what you want and/or the aspect ration is not the same, your image is going to look odd unless you let the height “float” by not specifying the height of the image and letter the browser maintain the aspect ratio.[/QUOTE]

Well quick question tbirnseth, i just downloaded photoshop finally, and i got the new image as to what im wanting to put at the top of our website.

How exactly do i know what size the top of the page is to make the image to that correct size.

Look at the styles.css file for your skin. It’s probably in the #container selector.

the container selector…?

I know where style.css is and what not, but whats the container selector

#container’ is what’s referred to as a selector and it equates to the html element with an ‘id’ attribute of ‘container’. So you’d search for ‘#container’. But if you don’t know this, you should probably not be making changes to your css files.