Strategy For Store Upgrade

Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade our store from 4.0.x to the latest version with a newly designed theme and layout. Can anyone share a good strategy for upgrading with little downtime?

Right now the method i had in mind will require our store to be closed for a few days.

1. close store
  2. Upgrade cs-cart
  3. make necessary design changes and perform testing for a few days
  4. open the store

TIA!

Hello,

As an option, you can install the latest version of CS-Cart separately, play around with it and test your design modifications. So after the upgrade of your live store you will be able to bring it up to speed faster.

[quote name='simtechdev' timestamp='1407735049' post='189182']

Hello,

As an option, you can install the latest version of CS-Cart separately, play around with it and test your design modifications. So after the upgrade of your live store you will be able to bring it up to speed faster.

[/quote]

thanks for the response! I was also finding out if there's a way to create something like a dev or staging version that I can just copy over the original files?

[quote name=‘buging’ timestamp=‘1407663613’ post=‘189153’]

Hi,

I’m planning to upgrade our store from 4.0.x to the latest version with a newly designed theme and layout. Can anyone share a good strategy for upgrading with little downtime?

Right now the method i had in mind will require our store to be closed for a few days.

1. close store
  2. Upgrade cs-cart
  3. make necessary design changes and perform testing for a few days
  4. open the store

TIA!

[/quote]

ALWAYS do not forget to make backups :)