Strange Shipping Calculation

We’ve got a strange problem with our Cart. We’re using “USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope” with an added 65-cents for costs. When ordering one or more item, the shipping display shows over $8 however, the total shipping cost shows up properly as $5.60 (4.95 + 65-cents).

See the attached image. If I’m not mistaken, however, even if you choose the Flat Rate Envelope, at checkout it ultimately charges the $8 value and not the proper 5.60.

Does anyone have any information on this?

I purchased support credits for $35 to fix a previous problem and had 5 left and apparently used all of them up on another small support request. I feel this is related to the support request that used that 5 but CS-Cart doesn’t see it that way, I guess. I don’t have the money to buy more.

Shipping calc.png

It looks as if you may have both a Fixed rate price set for a flat rate envelope as well as a USPS Realtime shipping rate calculated for Priority Mail??

Also, attempting to use Flat Rate Envelopes in realtime calculations can be quite tricky to near impossible considering there is no good way to determine exactly which products will actually fit into the “envelope”, or even how many of an item can be contained! (if you are selling Tiddly Winks, you might be able to pull it off!)

Without knowing all of the particulars of your business & products, I would suggest you forget the flat rate envelopes and simply have USPS Priority Mail rates returned for realtime calculations.

You can still add a surcharge on top of the realtime rates (to cover postal insurance for example) as long as you are runnning CS-Cart version 2.1.3-2.1.4.

Also, remember to mention the version you are running as it can make a definite difference. :wink:

PS: There is a confirmed bug within the bugtracker related to USPS Flate Rate containers, so if you are set on using Flat Rate Envelopes, you can lookup the response to the bugfix.

We ended up paying for support and it turned out some bad value(s) were in one of the files on the server. Not sure what, Support didn’t say.

[quote name=‘tomnibus’]We ended up paying for support and it turned out some bad value(s) were in one of the files on the server. Not sure what, Support didn’t say.[/QUOTE]

Hello Tomnibus,

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

It seems that the problem occurred because some of your CS-Cart files were modified. You can check it by yourself or use our support service, in this case you should contact us via Customer Help Desk: http://helpdesk.cs-cart.com