Storefronts 101 Question

Ok I am trying to get my head around the storefronts and license setup

I purchased a full license and one additional storefront, because the idea was that i would control the 2nd store (similar products etc) in the one main admin

So I installed 4.1.2 cart for my main store - customized it - done created cats/products no issue

So my other domain I installed 4.1.2 as well - different host/mysql db etc

in the main site I created a store to access the 2nd domain - but does not seem to work to show products I create in main store admin.

if I create a product or cat directly in the admin of store 2 it of course shows. How does the main store mysql know about the second mysql setup.

Maybe I am just missing something fundamental about how to configure new storefronts.

Thanks

Both storefronts share the same MySQL database. You do not need a 2nd installation

[quote name='DELTA9000' timestamp='1392899896' post='177875']

Ok I am trying to get my head around the storefronts and license setup

I purchased a full license and one additional storefront, because the idea was that i would control the 2nd store (similar products etc) in the one main admin

So I installed 4.1.2 cart for my main store - customized it - done created cats/products no issue

So my other domain I installed 4.1.2 as well - different host/mysql db etc

in the main site I created a store to access the 2nd domain - but does not seem to work to show products I create in main store admin.

if I create a product or cat directly in the admin of store 2 it of course shows. How does the main store mysql know about the second mysql setup.

Maybe I am just missing something fundamental about how to configure new storefronts.

Thanks

[/quote]

I have not personally setup a second storefront, but they are are not meant to be setup on separate hosting, The second storefront is setup within the first site and then the second domain is added CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Alan

Thanks I deleted 2nd host and followed the steps in cscart creating addon domain in cpanel

now 2nd site is not showing -just error page

What's the error?

Your cPanel needs to have the 2nd domain pointing to the same document root as the primary domain. I.e. if your primary domain's document root is /home/cpaneluser/public_html then your 2nd domain needs to use the location.