Store Setup - Share Products

I am setting up 3 stores and some of the products will be available through the other stores. I'm looking at the setting when adding a new store under “copy existing store configuration” the setting “Share products”.

Will that share all the products? Just make those products accessable…?

Do I need to select “Share products” to share across stores or can I change this in the product data later?

Thanks in advance

@eric_miller,

Hope this article will be helpful for you:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Thanks.

Hello eric_miller,

If you choose the Share products option when copying the existing store configuration, all products that are available in the main store will be available in a newly created store (all categories will be also copied). If you need to delete some shared products from a newly created store, please choose All stores mode, open the product you would like to delete, under the Add categories button you will see the categories of your stores where this product belongs to, remove the category that belongs to a newly created store.

In general, to manage the same products in different stores, you should remember that all actions with common products can be done via the All stores mode only. Also, please notice there is not a possibility to share categories after the stores are created. It is only possible to share products.

So, when you copy an existing configuration and choose Share products, all products and categories will be shared. If you don't do it, you will have to create necessary categories manually for each new store and share products into them. It's a better scenario if categories in your stores are supposed to have different names. The link to instruction how to share products is given by eComLabs CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Best regards, Alt-team

Thanks guys. I appreciate the experienced guidence! :-)