Store Selector

Hi,

Just working on upgrading on CS 3 to the latest 4.2.1 and currently modifying the theme to suit our look.

Currently we have two store fronts and in the theme we a drop down to select the different stores. In 4.2.1 this seems to be lacking by default. Are hints at adding a drop down box much like the currency selector so we can switch between stores? Cheers!

[quote name='SeanH' timestamp='1407740257' post='189194']

Hi,

Just working on upgrading on CS 3 to the latest 4.2.1 and currently modifying the theme to suit our look.

Currently we have two store fronts and in the theme we a drop down to select the different stores. In 4.2.1 this seems to be lacking by default. Are hints at adding a drop down box much like the currency selector so we can switch between stores? Cheers!

[/quote]

Sent you PM.

[quote name='SeanH' timestamp='1407740257' post='189194']

Hi,

[/quote]

I am afraid, you should select required store-front in the admin panel at first.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1407920927' post='189420']

I am afraid, you should select required store-front in the admin panel at first.

[/quote]

Not sure what you mean here? I can select the different store fronts in the admin page for administrating the stores, but there is no option of the front end for customers.

Hello,

Unfortunately, some code modifications are required in order to implement this selection.

Should be a pretty simply selector (all html) to put in a block.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1407997528' post='189511']

Should be a pretty simply selector (all html) to put in a block.

[/quote]

That's what I would have thought. I'm assuming it was a feature of previous versions, and again assuming the functionality is still there somewhere in the core code, just need to know how to access it.

Each storefront has it's own url so it's not about being in the core, but about simply putting together the selector and a simple GET form.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1408060554' post='189603']

Each storefront has it's own url so it's not about being in the core, but about simply putting together the selector and a simple GET form.

[/quote]

I figured it out. I created a menu, then created a drop down box linking to the menu. Thanks