Store import tool 2.2.x to 3.0.3 Professional & Multi-Vendor editions

Hello everyone,

Due to a big number of requests for database import from CS-Cart version 2.2.x to version 3.0.3 we are presenting an extended version of the Store import add-on.

Now this add-on supports import of:

• 2.2.4-2.2.5 Professional to 3.0.3 Professional
  • 2.2.4-2.2.5 Multivendor to 3.0.3 Multivendor

To install the add-on, please follow the instructions:
  1. Uninstall the add-on “store import” from the add-on list in the admin area of your store.
  2. Copy contents of the current archive to the directory where the store is installed with using the 'overwrite if exists' option.
  3. Install the add-on in the admin area of your store.

P.S. this add-on is compatible with CS-Cart 3.0.3 Professional & CS-Cart 3.0.3 Multi-Vendor.

store_import_303.zip

2.2.5 Pro to 3.0.3 Pro

It cannot finish importing - interrupts in a middle of the process.

Hello.

I have the same effect - interrupts. Is there somewhere logged errors during data import?

Robert

No problem here, works good.

if you have lots of products i think it times out when importing pictures (dblinks or actual images) as i dont have any images after it pushes back to the store import (settings with db/user/etc)

What's the best solution to import the multivendor 2.2.3 to 3.03?

Thanks,

David

[quote name='matt80' timestamp='1348555781' post='145685']

SOunds great, but what about the speed? 'Cause i tried this service before. And I want to know something about the speed of this tool. Is if faster?

[/quote]

took 25 minutes on a quad core with 6k skus…

but it stops along the way

I had an store running 2.14, so I moved to another directory upgraded tho 2.25 via upgrade centre and then my new v 3.03 installed in another directory, selected store import, used correct absolute file path and get message, this version is not supported but having checked website/?version of other directory it is definatey showing V 2.25 pro.

Any help please

john

Sounds like you skipped what was written in the original post?

***t your right tool, I did remove it the first time when I done a clean install then had a few problems and decided to unzip the package again, then didnt remove the addon the second time… thanks

Hi, I've upgraded from 2.2.3 to 2.2.5 with no issues so far but what I like to do is import the data on the development site which is on another domain. When I use the store import feature it ask me for a full path which doesn't work because it's not on the same domain.

Could I backup the database on the live site, copy that backup on the dev domain backup folder and use the restore option on 3.0.3 version on the dev domain?

Or should I just use the import / export data from one site to the other?

Thanks for your help.

David

Tabs are not imported and the import proccess stops at 50%.

Any information would help a lot. I need to update fro 2.2.5 to 3.0.3 from one domain to another. Is the best way to make a database backup and upload on the other domain or something else?

Thanks,

David

[quote name='Belzibot' timestamp='1349028399' post='146045']

Hi, I've upgraded from 2.2.3 to 2.2.5 with no issues so far but what I like to do is import the data on the development site which is on another domain. When I use the store import feature it ask me for a full path which doesn't work because it's not on the same domain.

Could I backup the database on the live site, copy that backup on the dev domain backup folder and use the restore option on 3.0.3 version on the dev domain?

Or should I just use the import / export data from one site to the other?

Thanks for your help.

David

[/quote]

Can someone please give me some idea of the best way to import 2.2.5 from one domain to another domain using 3.0.3. I need to upload the content from my live site to my development site which are on different domains.

Thanks,

D.

Does anyone know how to find the full path including the url? I know my server full path home/userame/public_html but woud like to include the ip or the domain so I can use the store import function from one domain to another.

If I do a database backup in 2.2.5, move it to the other domain backup folder with the 3.0.3 version and perform a restore do you figure it wil work good?

Thanks for any help.

[quote]

If I do a database backup in 2.2.5, move it to the other domain backup folder with the 3.0.3 version and perform a restore do you figure it wil work good?

[/quote]

Tried that and does't work. When I click on restore it says 'done' a second later and nothing is imported.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thx

Both stores have to be on the same server, so you don't use the IP addresses. Just set CS3 in a subfolder of your main site.

So, something like www.o2.ca/cscart3

Then you can do the import with whatever your path is, /home/username/public_html

Also, for me, I had to have the / at the beginning.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

Thanks a lot Brandon, you always been very helpful in this forum. I was hoping not to have my dev site on the same domain or same hosting account in case something goes wrong but I think I'll have to do it. Do you figure once I want to use the dev site I can just copy the folder content on the root and it will be ready to go?

Thanks again and love your aquarium supply site and great niche.

David

David,

Yep, copying is pretty simple. CS-Cart kind of complicates things in the knowledgebase, but this is how I do it:

1.) Go into your dev's cPanel file manager and zip up the files.

2.) Export your dev's database

3.) Go to where you are going to have your live store and go into the cPanel's file manager.

4.) Upload your zip file

5.) Uncompress it.

6.) Create a database where you want your dev to be live

7.) Import your dev database into the new database

8.) Change your config.local.php file to match the new settings.

9.) With 3.x, you shouldn't have to change your .htaccess file, but if you did, then you may need to also change it to reflect the new location.

Even though there are a few steps there, it usually goes pretty darn quick.

Thank you for the compliment on the site. I do like it a lot too.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hey Brandon,

I had problems when I tried to import a store from the same SERVER but a different ACCOUNT. When they say same SERVER, do they really mean same ACCOUNT?