Store Import to v3 stalls

I'm following the instructions for upgrading from 2.2.5 to 3.02. Everything has gone smoothly until reaching the “Store Import” add-on. The import process begins, hangs at “backing up data for: cscart_sales_reports_elements,” then the pop-up disappears. My host has confirmed it's not an execution time issue- they say there's something wrong with CS-Cart. [attachment=5560:importerror_FullScreen.jpg]

importerror_FullScreen.jpg

That is probably the profesional version. Ultimate version does not even come up to that stage!

My host confirmed it was not an execution issue on other things in the past and it was they just didn't know it. You might wanna double check into that further. I can't testify to the import working though because I started with a fresh install of 3 and did not need to do an upgrade.

[quote name='lccoins' timestamp='1343771164' post='141937']

I'm following the instructions for upgrading from 2.2.5 to 3.02. Everything has gone smoothly until reaching the “Store Import” add-on. The import process begins, hangs at “backing up data for: cscart_sales_reports_elements,” then the pop-up disappears. My host has confirmed it's not an execution time issue- they say there's something wrong with CS-Cart. [attachment=5560:importerror_FullScreen.jpg]

[/quote]I had the EXACT same problem(and still do) I gave up for now. It finally upgraded and not all my data was transferred also could not open the new store front.

@jimmyrod,

Does yours stop at the exact same spot?

FYI- Support mannually upgraded my database and then uploaded it as a restore backup. That seems to be the only way around the import add-on failure.

Where are you guys seeing the upgrade from 2.5 to 3.02.

I have tried to do it manually and able to import users.

Then products but it does not export the product options.

And then when trying to import the orders to match the users it fails as some options are missing during the export that are needed for the new version.

i used the import tool in 3.02 to import from 2.24 and everything worked fine. All options were there.

I had to install the import tool in add ons and then go to Administration-Store Import and gave the path to 2.24.

[quote name='zeero6' timestamp='1344373678' post='142424']

i used the import tool in 3.02 to import from 2.24 and everything worked fine. All options were there.

I had to install the import tool in add ons and then go to Administration-Store Import and gave the path to 2.24.

[/quote]

WOW did not see that. I think it was just too obvious.

Trying it now to see how it works.

[color=#0000cd]****Update[/color]

[color=#0000cd]mine seems to be stuck at [/color][color=#000000]Backing up data for: cscart_product_option_variants_descriptions[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Will give it a little longer to see if it is still at the same spot;[/color]

Well it just stopped at that point. Will have to try more later to see what I get.

Support confirmed that v3 has a problem importing large files. So if you're getting stuck at the same spot each time, it sounds like that's what you're running into. Support will likely have to manually upgrade your database as they did mine.

Well support finished my upgrade and it still had problems with not all pictures moved over and other quirks. I have about 1300 products and I'm not about to go through each one to check and upload all pics again. I'll just wait until their is a better fix & stick with v2.5. After all it does what I need. I would like to eventually upgrade with technology, but for now I'll just chalk this one up as @~**!#.

Have tried a new install and import again and still stalling at around 20% Importing Data I have just over 700 items.

import-fail.jpg

Same problem.

Can CS-CART please respond to this?

Same problem.

Must wait 6 hours Before Import Done. import only 120 Product without Picture. I have Total 800 Product!

I do have the same problem. In my case all block created on the 2.5 were not imported to 3.2 and then cs-support help me with manual upgrade. but then there were some issue with product detail page.

They told me there is an issue with the store import addon and they are working on it and they will let me know if they fix the problem.

As soon as I get some news I will post here.