Store Import In Latest Version 4.3.9?

Hello

Please tell me this isn't true. There is no Store Import in the latest version of CS-Cart.

I am amazed and disappointed. This software is really bugging me now, too many problems. I have 4 clients who are using it, may need to move....

Hello

Please tell me this isn't true. There is no Store Import in the latest version of CS-Cart.

I am amazed and disappointed. This software is really bugging me now, too many problems. I have 4 clients who are using it, may need to move....

The Store import add-on is not included in installation package since version 4.3.7. It is now available as free add-on on our Marketplace:

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/store-import.html

The add-on was not updated for version 4.3.9 yet. You can wait for the new version or import the data to version 4.3.8.

Sorry, this is all not acceptable.

Why release 4.3.9 without the store import add on? I would think half the clients who buy the latest version are trying to upgrade from older versions like me. It is an obvious trap a user can fall into and waste their time.

Also, there was NO release note warning me about this. So I spent hours getting the store uploaded and working to find I can't then import my clients data with the normal method i.e. Store Import.

Not happy......

Why release 4.3.9 without the store import add on? I would think half the clients who buy the latest version are trying to upgrade from older versions like me. It is an obvious trap a user can fall into and waste their time.

I see your point, but also wonder why you would want to go to all the trouble to load a standard 4.3.9, make all the setting/block/design changes and then do a store import versus simply doing an upgrade for a more recent version of 4.3? If you're crossing many incremental upgrades or doing a major design overhaul then using store import makes sense. But for doing 1-5 increments, the upgrade solution is both much faster and generally (in my experience) more reliable because it is more thoroughly tested.

It's one of the downsides of having this decoupled from the release. However, holding up a release to facilitate it (in my opinion) doesn't serve the vast majority of merchants who are wanting defect corrections and/or functionality changes in the new release.

As cs-cart suggested, your best approach would be to store_import to 4.3.8, then upgrade to 4.3.9 if you can't wait for the store import to be available. But do note that store_import has been rather buggy since they brought it back out of mothballs and then pulled it out of the main release contents. It has been thoroughly discussed that store_import is/will follow the release it is associated with.

Don't want to create new topic, but is there a way to import store from 437 to 439 bypassing images?

My store is upgraded and upgraded from 2x, want to get rid of all not needed things in db behind, also think that nothing much changed in image structure for 437 vs 439, I better prefer to move it with admin panel..