Stop Other Rules in Promotions

Hi all, I think I am missing something and require a little help if possible. I have a product1 that is currently in a promotion for 10% Off. I would like to set up a coupon code that makes that product 20% off so when I set that up in promotions I tick the stop other rules box so that it doesn’t use the original 10% Off promotion. However it’s giving 10% Off and then giving the 20% off when the coupon is added. Is there something I am doing wrong as I thought that the stop other rules would prevent the original 10% promotion from being used.

Regards

Have you checked the rule’s priority? Maybe that caused the problem.

sorry, promotion priority? Does this mean that a promotion at position 10 will take presidence over that at position 20?

Regards

[quote name=‘AmitP’]sorry, promotion priority? Does this mean that a promotion at position 10 will take presidence over that at position 20?

Regards[/QUOTE]

It’s not position, it’s priority. It’s a field of each promotion rule.

[quote name=‘AmitP’]Hi all, I think I am missing something and require a little help if possible. I have a product1 that is currently in a promotion for 10% Off. I would like to set up a coupon code that makes that product 20% off so when I set that up in promotions I tick the stop other rules box so that it doesn’t use the original 10% Off promotion. However it’s giving 10% Off and then giving the 20% off when the coupon is added. Is there something I am doing wrong as I thought that the stop other rules would prevent the original 10% promotion from being used.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Hello AmitP,

The “Stop other rules” option is used if you want to not use other rules after this promotion. But please note that it affects only for the different type of the promotions (“Cart” and “Catalog”). Also there is the “Priority” option. Using it you can set up the priority of the promotion processing.

I hope it will help you.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

If you set your 10% with “Catalog” promo and “20% coupon code” with “Cart” promo, then there is no way around it via Cscart default promotion functionality. As the “Stop other rules” only stop rules that applies for that respective type (cart or catalog). So a “Catalog” promo will stop all other catalog promo with lower priority but will not stop any “cart” promo.

You can somehow work around it by tweaking the php code manually like what I did, but it is a rather “quick,dirty” fix that have to be “retweak” with every upgrade.

[quote name='nodame' timestamp='1305214304' post='112107']

If you set your 10% with “Catalog” promo and “20% coupon code” with “Cart” promo, then there is no way around it via Cscart default promotion functionality. As the “Stop other rules” only stop rules that applies for that respective type (cart or catalog). So a “Catalog” promo will stop all other catalog promo with lower priority but will not stop any “cart” promo.

You can somehow work around it by tweaking the php code manually like what I did, but it is a rather “quick,dirty” fix that have to be “retweak” with every upgrade.

[/quote]

can you provide the workaround for this?

Thanks