Stock control across 2 sites, ebay, Amazon and physical shop!

Hello All

Does anyone have any ideas on how best to control stock across 2 cs-cart websites, ebay, amazon & a physical “Bricks & Mortar” shop.

It's giving me a real headache at the moment.

Any ideas?

Cheers

[quote name='adders' timestamp='1317934236' post='123068']

Hello All

Does anyone have any ideas on how best to control stock across 2 cs-cart websites, ebay, amazon & a physical “Bricks & Mortar” shop.

It's giving me a real headache at the moment.

Any ideas?

Cheers

[/quote]

I suggest doing what I'm doing and have a custom add-on created to handle this. A less expensive

solution might be to write some sql queries that update inventory on a schedule basis. I use

navicat mysql to handle scheduled database updates to match up with our pos system on other

shopping carts we have used in the past but im having a complex add-on written right now that

should handle all that with cs-cart.

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1317936465' post='123070']

I suggest doing what I'm doing and have a custom add-on created to handle this. A less expensive

solution might be to write some sql queries that update inventory on a schedule basis. I use

navicat mysql to handle scheduled database updates to match up with our pos system on other

shopping carts we have used in the past but im having a complex add-on written right now that

should handle all that with cs-cart.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Soulsurvivor.

Cost isn't too much of an issue unless we are talking big money. If less than a £1,000 (or a little more) it might be something I can look at. What is the ball part figure, are you able to tell me.

Thanks

[quote name='adders' timestamp='1317966950' post='123107']

Thanks for the reply Soulsurvivor.

Cost isn't too much of an issue unless we are talking big money. If less than a £1,000 (or a little more) it might be something I can look at. What is the ball part figure, are you able to tell me.

Thanks

[/quote]

I would save up the money and get something like Mailware Inventory and Mail Order Manger. I have used it in the past. When an order is placed the stock is checked, if you have the item in stock a pick ticket will be printed. Once the order has been picked, you process the credit card. If the credit card goes through it will print a label. If the item is not in stock it will add it to a purchase order that you can print out at anytime. If the credit card gets denied for any reason it will notify you and not let you print out a label. When you receive your inventory in to the system it automatically fills any orders that are open so you really don't have to pay attention to anything other than managing your site. It send out order confirmations, if you have a product that won't come in for a week it will send out an email to the customer notifying them of there expected ship date (if you want it to ). It has accounting and much more.

There is another one called stone edge order manager, less money but I am not familiar with it. I think it does the same thing.

[quote name='Slightly_Bent_Halo' timestamp='1318005759' post='123151']

I would save up the money and get something like Mailware Inventory and Mail Order Manger. I have used it in the past. When an order is placed the stock is checked, if you have the item in stock a pick ticket will be printed. Once the order has been picked, you process the credit card. If the credit card goes through it will print a label. If the item is not in stock it will add it to a purchase order that you can print out at anytime. If the credit card gets denied for any reason it will notify you and not let you print out a label. When you receive your inventory in to the system it automatically fills any orders that are open so you really don't have to pay attention to anything other than managing your site. It send out order confirmations, if you have a product that won't come in for a week it will send out an email to the customer notifying them of there expected ship date (if you want it to ). It has accounting and much more.

There is another one called stone edge order manager, less money but I am not familiar with it. I think it does the same thing.

[/quote]

Cool - I'll take a look.

I guess there are various way that these apps can be configured.

One question, when you say “When an order is placed the stock is checked” does this mean that CS can feed in to the app?

Cheers