Stock Available Yes or No CS Cart 2.0.12

I am now using 2.0.12 CS CART and have freshly installed. I would like to have my products state that they are Available (Yes) or Not Available (No). I have gone through the older threads for a solution but it seems file names have changed since the older CS Carts.

So my question is how do I get this version to state in or out of stock rather than the amount that are in stock.

Thanks in advance.

Paddy

This is much easier now.

In Design->Appearance settings, make sure that “Display In stock as a field” is unchecked.

Then in Content->Languages, search for “stock” and change the vale for ‘in-stock’ and ‘text_out_of_stock’ to whatever you wish.

Bob

Oh what??? How simple, thank you sooo much for that, I was going out of my mind!

Is there a way to globally set all products to “track with or without options” so I don’t have to do this one product at a time?

It appears that when we upgraded, for some reason half of my products are listed as “do not track” thus defeating the “in or out of stock” option above.

Thanks,

Stu

Not global, but you can use product mass edit feature. Set “Total items” too 100 so you can process up to 100 products at a time - I typically process each catgory to make things more managable. Choose ‘Inventory’ as the field to edit, then use the ‘apply values to all selected products’ link. Make sure your hit the “Save” button.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]This is much easier now.

In Design->Appearance settings, make sure that “Display In stock as a field” is unchecked.

Then in Content->Languages, search for “stock” and change the vale for ‘in-stock’ and ‘text_out_of_stock’ to whatever you wish.

Bob[/QUOTE]

When did this feature arrive? I am on 2.0.10 and it is not there!

[quote name=‘BarryH’]When did this feature arrive? I am on 2.0.10 and it is not there![/QUOTE]

It’s been there since 2.0.11, I think.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]It’s been there since 2.0.11, I think.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Ah! That will be why I ain’t got it!

Am very nervous about upgrading, after my nightmare with 2.0.9.

Thanks BOB

Thanks Bob!

That did it. I was going down that road but didn’t go far enough.

Stu