Still Having Trouble With New Install

I just installed a new installation and I am getting a message when I try to access store front

[color=#008000]"You don't have permission to access / on this server.[/color]

[color=#000000][color=#008000]Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/color][/color]

[color=#000000]Are my permission levels not correct?[/color]

[color=#000000]I thought I adjusted them per instructions.[/color]

[color=#000000]Update: The index file was missing. Hmm… don't know how that one happened.[/color]

OK now I can not seem to get my ssl connection to work.

When I use the settings wizzard, I check the ssl cert. and it is ok.

I enabled secure connections, but when I try to connect I get an error and no https in address bar it is in red and crossed out.

Anyone have any ideas??

What does a 'view certificate' show you from your browser. Most are pretty good at telling you what the issue is that it found. But more than likely the named site does not match the organization name in the certificate.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1408480048' post='189996']

What does a 'view certificate' show you from your browser. Most are pretty good at telling you what the issue is that it found. But more than likely the named site does not match the organization name in the certificate.

[/quote]Yes you are right.

I thought if I nested a new domain under my main account, I could use the same ssl. Not the case! I need to purchase another ssl.