States Code

Hi,

(screenshot )

Shipping>taxes >states

Cs cart as only added the US and canada states

So I am manually adding EVERY country of europe under 'Europe' but I am now adding all the states of each countries of europe . (pretty daunting task)

now I have realise that in the state code I have added number (01,02,03 etc ) whilst the USA is letter (Alabama =ALB ) France is numbers (01,02,03 and its not alphabetical order !) and some countries like sweden, bulgaria and many others have states but no letter or numbers code that i can find online ?

should I replace it with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc ?

What am i supposed to do

Thank you very much

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 19.40.02.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 19.39.44.png

It is better to use official ISO codes for states

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:FR

Hello,

Thank you very much for the link , very appreciated , I am not referencing just France , but all countries in Europe and maybe the world , do they all have ISO?

In the meantime , I have an other question , I am sure you know the answer (I have asked previously in the forum but no answer since)

my theme developer wants access to my dashboard to fix my blog , but i am not sure giving my password is the way to go ? whats best practice about this ?

Thank you for your very appreciated reply

Best

set you theme developer a username and password then assign hi ma user group with the needed permsissions

https://kb.cs-cart.com/admin-user-group

as for adding all the states, when you add the country all the states self populate dont they ??

Im in the UK and ship to EU and ROW

Thank you very much for the link , very appreciated , I am not referencing just France , but all countries in Europe and maybe the world , do they all have ISO?

Yes, I think so

In the meantime , I have an other question , I am sure you know the answer (I have asked previously in the forum but no answer since)

my theme developer wants access to my dashboard to fix my blog , but i am not sure giving my password is the way to go ? whats best practice about this ?

As alternative, create a copy of you live website

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/install/useful_info/copying_store_to_subdirectory.html

Then provide access to dev store. After all fixes are made, ask to provide you with the list of modified file which should be transferred to live store

as for adding all the states, when you add the country all the states self populate dont they ??

Thank you for your reply

I wish it were , but it's not the case , its manual

Yes, I think so

As alternative, create a copy of you live website

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/install/useful_info/copying_store_to_subdirectory.html

Then provide access to dev store. After all fixes are made, ask to provide you with the list of modified file which should be transferred to live store

Ok, thank you for the confirmation ,

I will look right into this

thanks again

set you theme developer a username and password then assign hi ma user group with the needed permsissions

https://kb.cs-cart.com/admin-user-group

I am in the UK and will ship to Uk and europe only for the moment

there is different taxes in europe (France :20 % , Germany 19%, Greece 24% ..etc )

Did you create a new 'Rate area ' ( in admin >shipping+taxes>rate area )

for each of this countries of europe to be able to set up taxes ?

I had so far created just 2 area

1. Uk

2. Rest of europe

But i just realise the taxes are different from one country to an other in europe .

I am a bit confuse to be honest

kindly Thank you for your answer , super appreciated !

Yes but your taxes are 20%

let them deal with their own taxes.

I split only by delivery areas not by taxes. Eg malta is far more expensive to ship to than France.
also if they have an intra community tax number the vat can be waived.

until brexit that is Ha ha ha

JOhn

Yes but your taxes are 20%

let them deal with their own taxes.

I split only by delivery areas not by taxes. Eg malta is far more expensive to ship to than France.
also if they have an intra community tax number the vat can be waived.

until brexit that is Ha ha ha

JOhn

you seem pretty good with the taxes , I suck at that right now haha , and yeah due to the brexit, i am super wary to make a big mistake so I separe it already entirely from the rate area etc

are you rolling on Cs cart Multi vendor too ?

Because I have vendors and they don't have access to taxes in their dashboard , in fact it is my responsability to deal with the taxes and rates area

"By default, there is no ability for the vendors to set up taxes. It is the store admin who controls the rate areas and taxes. You will need to set up the tax rate for each rate area you have in your store."

Thank you !

I see, sorry no I dont use multivendor

I see, sorry no I dont use multivendor

No worries , thanks for your input anyway its appreciated !