speed up the cart

The question to the dev team: what do you do to increase speed of the cart? I just tested and 2.0 RC is extremely slow on my quad 3GHz machine, on the virtual machine is the same. I tested some other shops with 3 tire level architecture and they extremely fast comparing to cs cart, to say fly - say nothing.

I’m agreeing with the forum members that the slow speed is lost money but I couldn’t see any improvement since 1.3.5 in part of speed. The engine becomes heavier and with no perspective in a future. As far as I remember the base for cs cart and x cart was the same engine, I don’t discuss here the legitimacy and copyright, but x cart seems a bit faster now - that’s what I want to get and I hope all cs cart customers. Anyway the choice of my customer is cs cart and its problems are mine… Thank you for your reply

Not sure about 2.0 but I was amazed how fast my 135 sp3 become when I turned off

“Use temporary tables during product search/catalog browsing (increases performance)”

in admin backend / settings / General / Catalog

I don’t see this option in 2.0

[quote name=‘deMarchi’]The question to the dev team: what do you do to increase speed of the cart? I just tested and 2.0 RC is extremely slow on my quad 3GHz machine, on the virtual machine is the same. I tested some other shops with 3 tire level architecture and they extremely fast comparing to cs cart, to say fly - say nothing.

I’m agreeing with the forum members that the slow speed is lost money but I couldn’t see any improvement since 1.3.5 in part of speed. The engine becomes heavier and with no perspective in a future. As far as I remember the base for cs cart and x cart was the same engine, I don’t discuss here the legitimacy and copyright, but x cart seems a bit faster now - that’s what I want to get and I hope all cs cart customers. Anyway the choice of my customer is cs cart and its problems are mine… Thank you for your reply[/QUOTE]