Specific Backup

Hello,

in order not to overload the server it is planned to backup complete database once a day and backup only important changes every 30 min.

Is this list OK to backup orders, posts, customers, subscribers, call requests?

cscart_call_requests
cscart_ekeys
cscart_em_subscribers
cscart_gift_certificates
cscart_new_orders
cscart_orders
cscart_order_data
cscart_order_details
cscart_order_docs
cscart_order_transactions
cscart_product_popularity
cscart_product_sales
cscart_sessions
cscart_stored_sessions
cscart_users
cscart_user_data
cscart_user_profiles
cscart_user_session_products

What posts do you mean? I do not see tables related with discussion or blog

Thanks, I forgot these tables for posts

cscart_discussion
cscart_discussion_messages
cscart_discussion_posts
cscart_discussion_rating

So the correct selection for orders, posts, customers, subscribers would be as follows, right?

cscart_call_requests

cscart_discussion
cscart_discussion_messages
cscart_discussion_posts
cscart_discussion_rating
cscart_ekeys
cscart_em_subscribers
cscart_gift_certificates
cscart_new_orders
cscart_orders
cscart_order_data
cscart_order_details
cscart_order_docs
cscart_order_transactions
cscart_product_popularity
cscart_product_sales
cscart_sessions
cscart_stored_sessions
cscart_users
cscart_user_data
cscart_user_profiles
cscart_user_session_products

Yes, looks like the list is correct now

Thanks.

One more question concerning DB:

If I need to add storefont on localhost and afterwords upload it to the server. Are these tables enough to keep DB integrity between localhost DB and updated info DB?

The steps would be as follows:

1. Add and test storefront on localhost

2. Backup DB on localhost

3. Backup only Specific tables from post 3 on production server

4. Restore DB from localhost on production server

5. Restore Specific tables on production server

will it work this way or I need to backup extra tables?

Thanks.

One more question concerning DB:

If I need to add storefont on localhost and afterwords upload it to the server. Are these tables enough to keep DB integrity between localhost DB and updated info DB?

The steps would be as follows:

1. Add and test storefront on localhost

2. Backup DB on localhost

3. Backup only Specific tables from post 3 on production server

4. Restore DB from localhost on production server

5. Restore Specific tables on production server

will it work this way or I need to backup extra tables?

I do not think that everything will work correctly due to big amount of relations between different tables in CS-Cart

Ok thanks,

So the only way is to add extra storefront directly on production server with live shops on, isn’t it?

Yes. But you should be able to export data from localhost and import on your production site if the company's are the same.

No, the storefronts will not be the same If I add one more shop on localhost.

Why wouldn't they if your localhost is a clone of your production site? I.e. the next company_id from a create-company request would end up with the same auto_increment value.

For example production server has 5 storefronts database.

I clone it to localhost and add 1 more storefront. Meantime production server is receiving new orders, users, etc

So if I simply import back updated database from localhost then I will loose all orders, users, etc for the time it took to configure and tune storefront N6

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm not saying to slam the whole DB there, only the company related tables (companies, company_descriptions and only the new rows). Note that this does NOT include things that reference company_id since any reference to that specific company_id would not yet exist but only the definition of the company (storefront). There may be other things that are copied/setup when a company is created. You'd have to follow the workflow to ensure you catch all those areas.

Obviously the cleanest (but most time consuming) way to do it is to create the storefront and simply cut/paste the info from your localhost.

Any reason you're not doing this on your production server and then just closing that storefront and using the store_access_key to work with it in development?

Ok, I got your point.

The only reason I prefer to do it on localhost is to avoid accidental database mess up during import operations (product, languages, etc) or/and adding storefront and theme process. Of course I backup before every import process but anyway setting up extra storefront directly on production server reminds me repairing of started engine on the run.