Spam or hack attack

hi to all,

last night I received 155 spammy reviews on 2-3 of my products. McAfee alerts for Improper Error Handling (Path:/siteminderagent/pwcgi/smpwservicescgi.exe

Query TARGET=http://www.mcafeesecure.com). Also there are 6 attempts to log in the administration panel from webappscanner@mcafeesecure.com or 117a977a-a99e@mcafeesecure.com

I deleted the spammy reviews, but in a few hours I received them again. I blocked the IP’s and put a restriction one IP to writes one review. I received only one review in a few hours. How to stop them?

I am not an expert but I think that somebody or something is trying to log in my account using mcafee. Is it possible to be a hacker attack?

Thank you in advance!

[quote name=‘DonLuigi’]hi to all,

last night I received 155 spammy reviews on 2-3 of my products. McAfee alerts for Improper Error Handling (Path:/siteminderagent/pwcgi/smpwservicescgi.exe

Query TARGET=http://www.mcafeesecure.com). Also there are 6 attempts to log in the administration panel from webappscanner@mcafeesecure.com or 117a977a-a99e@mcafeesecure.com

I deleted the spammy reviews, but in a few hours I received them again. I blocked the IP’s and put a restriction one IP to writes one review. I received only one review in a few hours. How to stop them?

I am not an expert but I think that somebody or something is trying to log in my account using mcafee. Is it possible to be a hacker attack?

Thank you in advance![/QUOTE]

Hackers are at it 24/7 and although it is a concern, as long as you have set up as you should and your host is worth his salt you will be ok!!!

[quote name=‘DonLuigi’]hi to all,

Thank you in advance![/quote]

McAfee scans servers looking for vulnerabilities, then calls you up to sell you shit. Yes I know.

nope this is not mcafee this is just a simple masquarade as this has just been used from a subdomain of secure.com

[quote name=‘AmitP’]nope this is not mcafee this is just a simple masquarade as this has just been used from a subdomain of secure.com[/quote]

mcafeesecure.com

McAfee.com

535 Oakmead Pkwy.

Sunnyvale, CA 94086

United States

Master, Host hostmaster@MCAFEE.COM

535 Oakmead Pkwy

Sunnyvale, CA 94086

United States

535 Oakmead Pkwy

Sunnyvale, CA 94086

United States

USW2.AKAM.NET

USC2.AKAM.NET

USW3.AKAM.NET

Google Page Rank : 7

Alexa Traffic Rank : 10,912

Created: 14-Mar-2008.

Updated: 12-Feb-2010

Expires: 14-Mar-2011.

Source: whois.tucows.com

That was a vulnerability scan and your server failed badly if it was able to do that much activity without getting blocked.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]mcafeesecure.com

McAfee.com

535 Oakmead Pkwy.

Sunnyvale, CA 94086

United States

535 Oakmead Pkwy

Sunnyvale, CA 94086

United States

535 Oakmead Pkwy

Sunnyvale, CA 94086

United States

USW2.AKAM.NET

USC2.AKAM.NET

USW3.AKAM.NET

Google Page Rank : 7

Alexa Traffic Rank : 10,912

Created: 14-Mar-2008.

Updated: 12-Feb-2010

Expires: 14-Mar-2011.

Source: whois.tucows.com[/QUOTE]

hehe…oops, was reading the thread with my n900 and thought it was mcafee.secure.com :S

soz