Sorting Statuses

Alright guys.. No worries. We can live without sorting them. Just didn't know if it was something easily done. Didn't understand why cs-cart left this option out. Sounds to be a bit difficult. Maybe another time.

It's about an hour's worth of work (depending on how many admin interfaces need to have a new position field added) and requires modification to distributed files.

Good idea for free addon :)

Alright guys.. No worries. We can live without sorting them. Just didn't know if it was something easily done. Didn't understand why cs-cart left this option out. Sounds to be a bit difficult. Maybe another time.

It is not so difficult, but not so many requests for this feature.

And it can't be done as an addon since it would require changes to distributed code (php and templates) to be implemented properly. But if you want to do it for free, have at it! :-)

And it can't be done as an addon since it would require changes to distributed code (php and templates) to be implemented properly. But if you want to do it for free, have at it! :-)

BTW, I have an idea how to develop it separate add-on without core changes. I will inform management about this module. Possibly they will add it to "to do" list

BTW, I have an idea how to develop it separate add-on without core changes. I will inform management about this module. Possibly they will add it to "to do" list

That would be great.. Let us know..

Don't be coy, share your idea.

Don't be coy, share your idea.

The idea is to use hooks in the query function

That could work for appending an ORDER BY clause.

But not sure how this solves the real problem of status order. Wouldn't you only be able to perform normal ORDER BY clauses? If so, not sure that actually solves the problem.

Good discussion....

That could work for appending an ORDER BY clause.

But not sure how this solves the real problem of status order. Wouldn't you only be able to perform normal ORDER BY clauses? If so, not sure that actually solves the problem.

Good discussion....

It is just an idea for the part of the module. Of course, new templates will be added. And we should perform some tests at first